About this courseSkip About this course
Globalisation is associated not only with significant economic development opportunities but also with pressing environmental and social challenges.
Through readings, videos, discussions and interactive learning activities you will examine and critique the potential of globalisation to drive sustainable development.
You will also explore and reflect on the impact of the UN Sustainable Development Goals on current and future economic, environmental and social trends.
This is your opportunity to be part of a global learning community actively exploring and sharing the implications of a globalisation and sustainable development nexus.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Describe the globalisation and sustainable development nexus
- Define the tenets of sustainable development theory and practice
- Identify various sustainable development goals and compare socio-economic and environmental progress in different parts of the world
- Apply sustainable development principles to evaluate the state of a particular community or country
- Critique the potential of globalisation for sustainable development
- Identify potential global solutions to existing/emerging socio-economic and environmental challenges
The environmental, social and economic state of our world and why it is important for globalisation to drive sustainable development.
Module 2: Sustainability and Sustainable Development
The elements of the sustainability framework, the business interpretation of sustainability, and the key stakeholders of sustainable development.
Module 3: Stakeholders and Sustainable Development Goals
The current status of the Sustainable Development Goals in a variety of countries, the contributions of key stakeholders and the concept of responsible consumption.
Module 4: Globalisation for a Sustainable Future
Case studies illustrating sustainable development initiatives that have evolved from globalisation and which have direct relevance for the Sustainable Development Goals.
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain$99.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally