About this course
Learn about the relationship between personality disorders and high-conflict people through this introductory course from our world-renowned experts, Bill Eddy and Megan Hunter, co-founders of the High Conflict Institute in the U.S, along with Tania Sourdin, Head of School and Dean at Newcastle Law School in Australia
In this course, we will provide you with useful knowledge to understand three personality disorders and their relationship to high-conflict behaviour. We will share our ‘hands-on’ experience based on real-life case studies, and explore effective communication strategies to help you handle high-conflict situations.
This course explains the influence of some personality disorders in developing high-conflict disputes. It is aimed at anyone who may encounter high-conflict behaviours and would like to learn about conflict resolution, particularly in a business or legal setting, including:
- Lawyers or students studying law
- Business owners
- HR professionals
- Health and medical practitioners.
What you'll learn
- Outline the relationship between personality disorders and high-conflict personalities.
- Describe some characteristics of narcissistic personality disorder, borderline personality disorder and antisocial personality disorder.
- Describe the dispute behaviours commonly associated with each of the above disorders.
- Explain effective communication strategies to manage high-conflict situations.
- Types of personality disorders
- Relationship between personality disorders and high-conflict behaviours
- Behaviours associated with personality disorders, and their potential impact on legal and business disputes
- Managing high-conflict behaviours in disputes
- Effective communication techniques
- Strategies for de-escalating and managing high-conflict situations
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $49.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally