Instructor-led on a course schedule
This course is archived
Future dates to be announced
How to Save a Life: Pediatric Advanced Life Support
About this courseSkip About this course
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) will prepare you to respond to life-threatening emergencies in the pediatric population with advanced interventions.
You will learn how to perform advanced emergency interventions as well as review foundation theories including:
- Basic life support
- Anatomy and physiology of the heart
- Resuscitation team
- Systematic Approach,
- Life-Threatening Issues
- Medical Devices,
Who should take this course?
- Medical Students
- Physician Assistants
The course package includes:
- PALS Self-Assessments and Review Questions
- Numerous PALS Lectures and Video Presentations
- PALS Provider Manual
Whether you are applying for certification for the first time, or renewing your current certification, this course prepares you for Pediatric Advanced Life Support certification. When you have completed the course, you will be directed to take the certification exam, through National Health Care Provider Solutions.
At a glance
- Institution: Save A LifeX
- Subject: Medicine
- Level: Advanced
- Prerequisites: This course assumes that learners have already mastered the critical thinking and core knowledge presented in basic life support (BLS). While a healthcare background is not necessary for this course, it is strongly recommended.
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated skills: Pediatric Advanced Life Support, Basic Life Support, Pediatrics, Advanced Life Support
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Understand the importance of prevention of cardiopulmonary arrest in children
- Have knowledge of pediatric basic life support (BLS) principles and their role in PALS
- Integrate the concepts of the “Pediatric Chain of Survival” in resuscitation scenarios
- Be familiar with the algorithms for specific PALS cases
About the instructors
Interested in this course for your business or team?
Train your employees in the most in-demand topics, with edX For Business.