Before you start
We recommend that students follow the 4 other W3Cx courses that are part of the FEWD program:
What you will learn
- Advanced multimedia features with the Track and WebAudio APIs
- HTML5 games techniques
- More APIs, including Web Workers and Service Workers
- Persistence techniques for data storage including IndexedDB, File System API and drag and drop
- The Timed Text Track API
- Advanced features for audio and video players
- Creating tracks on the fly, syncing HTML content with a video
- The Web Audio API
- Basic concepts of HTML5 game development
- A simple game framework
- Time-based animation
- Animating multiple objects, collision detection
- Sprite-based animation
- Game states
- File API and Ajax / XHR2 requests
- Drag and drop: basics
- Drag and drop: working with files
- Forms and files
- Conclusion on client-side persistence
Week 4: HTML5 Multimedia
- Web Components
- Web Workers
- The Orientation and Device Motion APIs
Want to learn advanced HTML5 tips and techniques? This is the course for you! Find out more about the powerful Web features that will help you create great content and apps.
This course is a natural follow up of HTML5 Coding Essentials and Good Practices. In this course, we continue the exploration of HTML5-based APIs, but also introduce some advanced features related to HTML5, such as Web components, advanced multimedia, audio for music and games, etc.
Like in the first course, you will learn by doing, study the interactive examples and have fun with proposed development projects. One of them will be to create an HTML5 game, so jump in and learn lots!
W3Cx's Front-End Web Developer Professional Certificate
Earn a Professional Certificate in 2-4 months if courses are taken one at a time.View the program
- 25–35 hours of effort
Learn how to take your Web pages from bland to bold with the power of CSS styling.
- 24–36 hours of effort
Learn how to build Web sites using HTML5 and basic CSS, directly from W3C, creator of the latest Web standards.
- 36–48 hours of effort
Learn how to write Web pages and Web sites by mastering HTML5 coding techniques and best practices.
- HTML5 Apps and Games
- 30–40 hours of effort
Get started in computer scienceBrowse over 600 computer science courses