There is one session available:
Introduction to Bookkeeping
About this courseSkip About this course
Interested in a career in accounting? Want to stand out from the crowd? Look no further, this is the place to start.
As accounting is so integral to the successful running of a business, the Introduction to Bookkeeping course is designed to arm you with the fundamentals you need to grasp the basic concepts underpinning accounting.
You’ll develop the knowledge and understanding of the main types of business transactions and documentation used, including how these are recorded in an accounting system.
This course is especially beneficial if you want to:
- Start a career in business, finance or accountancy
- Study business or finance at school or college
- Launch your own start-up
- Prepare for ACCA’s exam in Recording Financial Transactions (FA1)
You don’t need any prior knowledge of the subject – simply sign up and start learning.
This course does not offer an edX certificate but you can earn a certificate by sitting the relevant ACCA exam.
At a glance
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
In this course you will acquire the knowledge and understanding to grasp double entry bookkeeping including an introduction to common business transactions.
The syllabus for this course will cover the following:
* Types of business transactions and documentation __
* Duality of transactions and the double entry system __
* Banking process and transactions __
* Payroll __
* Ledger accounts __
* Sales and purchases credit transactions __
* The trial balance