About this course
What you'll learn
2. Identify and describe the various contexts of communication study, including interpersonal, small group, organizations, public, and mass communication.
3. Explain the features of communication common to all contexts, including verbal and nonverbal
4. Connect theoretical concepts of communication to everyday experiences
5. Define key terms used by communication researchers and practitioners
6. Describe the relationships between the discipline of communication and other academic areas of study
Meet your instructors
Pursue Academic Credit with a Verified Certificate
Become eligible for academic credit and highlight your new skills and knowledge with a verified certificate. Use this valuable credential to qualify for academic credit, advance your career, or strengthen your school applications.
Benefits of a Verified Certificate
Eligible for Credit
Receive academic credit after successfully completing the course
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn