About this course
We will define and discuss retail formats and deliberate the evolution of retail formats. We will use various theories and illustrations that explain the retail business as it is today.
What you'll learn
Define the various constituents of retail strategy
How to develop and sustain a competitive advantage in retail sector
Define the practical tools and techniques of retail strategy
- What is Retailing?
- How does Retail business work?
- Retail verticals; Roles and responsibility, Organizational structure
- What is organized Retail?
- Why retail business is significant today?
- Retail classification system and retail formats
- Traditional retail formats, mom and pop stores
- What is ideal for India? Consequences
- Retail strategy mix
- Merchandising basics.
- What is merchandising? implications
- Pricing basics, methods
- Retail pricing, consequences
- Retail distribution network
- Supply chain basics
- Warehousing, physical distribution, logistics, examples
- Basics of Retail Promotion.
- What is emerging market? Why it is significant today? What is the retail scenario in emerging markets?
- Indian retail sector evolution in different sectors.
- Characteristics of Indian consumers
- Expert opinion on Indian retail sector – research reports analysis
- Basics of E-tailing basics
- Various E-tailing business models
- What is the future in E-tailing? Consequences?
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $50.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally