About this courseSkip About this course
During the past decade we have witnessed a phenomenal growth in Industrial IoT applications (IIoT) and autonomous systems. This has resulted in a paradigm shift in the networking domain. As a networking professional, it is essential to understand how traditional networking has evolved into Software Defined Networking.
In this course, you will learn about Software Defined Networking for IoT applications. You will explore some core issues relevant to traditional networking, and discover how SDN can address issues such as network management, resource utilisation, and security and privacy.
The course has been designed to be hands-on, with a practical approach to help you better understand virtualisation, programmability in SDN, and REST API. You will also explore emerging Intent Based Networking for network automation.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the evolution of networking from closed-loop traditional networking to Software Defined Networking
- Explain virtualisation and Software Defined Networking abstractions
- Apply programming skills to explain how SDN enables network infrastructure programming
- Explain how Software Defined Networking with Network Function Virtualisation may benefit IoT applications
- Explain the innovations in network automation and emerging Intent Based Networking
- Discover further opportunities (in areas such as business, education, etc.) in the field of Software Defined Networking and Network Function Virtualisation.
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain$199 USD
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
edX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally