No previous courses in leadership or organizational behavior are required.
About this course
The Digital Age is here. It is enabling the most comprehensive transformation of our work and personal life in history. The Digital Age promises a more prosperous and fulfilling life for everyone globally. But that promise is only as good as the capability of leaders at all levels of the organization to lead their units to success in a challenging and uncertain future.
Leading in the Digital Age develops a new mindset and five Skill Sets needed for success in the Digital Age:
- Leading Beyond the Edges of the leader’s unit, organization, geography, and formal authority, enabled by Digital Age tools, to provide innovative solutions to customers and other stakeholders.
- Building Deep Trust Relationships: In the Digital Age, trust replaces formal authority as the basis for leadership.
- Forming and Leading Virtual Teams: The Digital Age relentlessly shrinks time space. Properly formed and led, virtual teams turn this challenge into an advantage over traditional teams.
- Collaborating and Co-Creating the Future with customers and other stakeholders. Multi-organizational value networks formed from a portfolio of relationships are replacing single-company-owned, linear value chains. Leading in this new business model requires a “co-creation skill set.”
- Learning Dynamically: The only sustainable competitive advantage in the Digital Age is the capability to learn, adapt, implement, and learn as you go, faster and better than your competitors.
What you'll learn
- Shift to a Digital Age Mindset
- Work and lead across the edges of your organization
- Build and maintain deep trust relationships
- Form and leverage a co-creation network for rapid, responsive, and continuous innovation
- Form and lead virtual teams
- Lead transformation through experimentation and dynamic learning
- Develop a personal development plan
- What is the Digital Age and What is its impact?
- Why New Leadership Capabilities are Required in the Digital Age.
- Building the New Business Models and Five Leadership Capabilities.
- The Learning Format for Leadership Capabilities.
- What is the Edge: Why and How is it created?
- Why Must Digital Age Leaders Lead Beyond the Edge?
- Action Planning: Leading Beyond the Edge.
- Why Trust is Essential for Effective Digital Age Leadership.
- Building Trust Relationships.
- Aligning Your Behavior.
- Action Planning: Building Trust Relationships
- Importance of Creating a Team Charter.
- Preparing for the Team Charter Meeting.
- Launching Your Virtual Team.
- Assessing Progress.
- Action Planning: Forming and Leading a Virtual Team.
- The Elements of Co-Creation.
- The Co-Creation Process.
- Barriers to Co-Creation.
- Building a Step by Step Plan to Overcome the Barriers.
- Action Planning: Implementing Collaboration and Co-Creation.
- The Key to Survival and Growth in the Digital Age.
- The Dynamic Learning Matrix.
- Creating Your Own Dynamic Learning Solution.
- Action Planning: Implementing Dynamic Learning.
- Assessing the Current State.
- Identifying the “Targets of Opportunity”.
- Building the Needed Coalition.
- Moving to Action.
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $200.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally
Who can take this course?
Unfortunately, learners from one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this course: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this course in all locations. EdX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.