About this courseSkip About this course
Introduction to linear optimization, duality and the simplex algorithm.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
The course is structured into 5 sections.
- Formulation: you will learn from simple examples how to formulate, transform and characterize an optimization problem.
- Constraints: you will learn how to represent the constraints of a linear optimization problem, both from a geometric and algebraic point of views.
- Duality: you will learn how to derive a companion problem called the "dual".
- Optimality conditions: you will learn sufficient and necessary conditions for an optimal solution.
- Simplex method: you will learn an algorithm to solve a linear optimization problem.
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain$49 USD
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally