About this courseSkip About this course
If your goal is a career on a broker-dealer’s M&A desk, this is the course for you! This course will dive deeper into advanced M&A topics.
We’ll look at the list of synergies developed by the Investment Bank and buyer and learn about the various sources to finance M&A.
We’ll also look at the steps involved in the sale process, understand the meaning of “First Offer”, and learn how to disclose an acquisition. We’ll wrap up this course with a look at the various types of takeover defenses.
This course is part of New York Institute of Finance’s popular Mergers & Acquisitions Professional Certificate program.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Concepts of M&A Financial Accounting and Projections
- How to finance a deal
- Seller’s viewpoint in a M&A deal
- The sale process
- Hostile takeover defenses
Session 1: M&A Financial Accounting and Projections
- Lesson 1: M&A Financial Accounting and Projections: Overview
- Lesson 2: Coming Up with Realistic Assumptions
- Case Studies
Session 2: Financing the Deal
- Lesson 1: M&A Finance Sources
- Lesson 2: New Debt
- Lesson 3: New Equity
- Lesson 4: Contingent Payment
Session 3: Seller’s Viewpoint
- Lesson 1: The Seller’s Viewpoint
- Lesson 2: Using an Investment Bank
- Lesson 3: The Sale Process
- Case Studies
Session 4: Other Areas of Interest
- Lesson 1: First Offer
- Lesson 2: Disclosure of Acquisitions
- Lesson 3: Hostile Takeover Defenses
- Lesson 4: Private Equity