About this course
Marketing within the hotel and tourism industry presents unique challenges, as marketers are tasked with selling services and memories rather than goods. In this hospitality management course, you will learn how to apply marketing knowledge and skills to the hotel and tourism industry. You will learn best practices for building customer loyalty and creating a strong brand and learn how to efficiently communicate to stakeholders through integrated marketing communications. You will also learn about the importance of marketing to both previous and new customers.
Students’ learning experience will be enhanced through the use of creative approaches to solve marketing problems in hotel and tourism settings.
Note that this course is priced at USD $198.
What you'll learn
- Examine and evaluate the marketing theories and concepts within the context of management and operations of hospitality and tourism organizations
- Analyze the relationship between consumers, practitioners, and policy makers of hospitality and tourism services/products
- Evaluate the contributions and impacts of hospitality and tourism in social, economic, political, cultural, and other areas
- Analyze and apply various marketing theories and concepts to practical applications in the hospitality and tourism industry
- Communicate and respond appropriately to stakeholders in the hospitality and tourism industry
- Identify marketing problems within the hospitality and tourism context, and apply marketing knowledge and skills to solve the problems
- Organize and analyze related numerical and graphical data, and translate them into business information.
Introducing the course, marketing theories and concepts within the context of hospitality and tourism industry.
Examining the changing hospitality and tourism environment, and discussing its impacts on and implications for the marketing of hospitality and tourism.
Week 2: Market Segmentation Analysis and Branding
Reviewing the concept, role, approaches, conduction, and future trends of market segmentation analysis in tourism industry.
Understanding brand development by knowing the brand equity and brand DNA.
Week 3: Strategic Marketing
Analyzing the relationship between consumers, practitioners, and policy makers, how it evolves over time, and the role of strategic marketing in hospitality and tourism.
Week 4: Individual Customers and Organizational Customers
Understanding individual customers and their motivation in hospitality and tourism.
Understanding organizational customers and success factors of marketing Meeting, Incentive, Conference, and Exhibition (MICE) business.
Week 5: Integrated Marketing Communication
Discussing the role of marketing communication in hospitality and tourism, analyzing the effectiveness of different communication platforms, and examining the fast-changing landscape in digital marketing.
Week 6: Destination Experience Marketing and Management
Introducing the concept of destination marketing, discussing the key challenges in strategic marketing, describing destination experience planning in action, and illustrating successful international case studies related to destination marketing.
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $198.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally
Who can take this course?
Unfortunately, learners from one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this course: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this course in all locations. EdX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.