What you will learn
- How to evaluate, manipulate and graph the types of linear equations that appear throughout an MBA syllabus
- How to evaluate and manipulate the complex relationships that appear (for example, those that are represented as quadratic or exponential equations)
- How calculus is used to solve optimization problems, such as finding the quantity of sales that maximizes a firm’s profit
- How tools relating to mathematical series and sequences are adopted on an MBA program to calculate concepts such as net present value and compound interest
Planning to study for an MBA but unsure of your basic maths skills? All MBA programs, and in business generally require some maths, particularly on quantitative subjects such as Accounting, Economics and Finance.
In this mathematics course, you will learn the fundamental business math skills needed to succeed in your MBA study and in the field of business. These math skills will also give you an edge in the workplace enabling you to apply greater analytical skill to your decision making.
You will learn how to evaluate and manipulate the types of formulae that appear in an accounting syllabus, how to perform the calculus required to solve optimization problems in economics and how to apply the concept of geometric series to solving finance-related problems such as calculating compound interest payments.
This course assumes no prior knowledge of business maths, concepts are explained clearly and regular activities give you the opportunity to practice your skills and improve your confidence.
Before you start
- Instructor-Led: course contains assignments and exams that have specific due dates, and you complete the course within a defined time period.
- Course ends: Mar 23, 2019