About this course
You will learn the basics of mathematical modeling applied to automotive systems, and based on the modeling framework different type of controller and state estimation methods will be introduced and applied. Starting from a pure state-feedback concept down to optimal control methods, with special attention on different automotive applications. Different methods for state reconstruction is also introduced and discussed in the course. Exercises play an important role throughout the course.
This course is aimed at learners with a bachelor's degree or engineers in the automotive industry who need to learn more about mathematical modelling of automotive systems.
What you'll learn
- Road vehicle modelling in longitudinal, lateral and vertical direction
- Develop causal and acausal mathematical models of dynamical systems
- Linearize nonlinear continuous-time models
- Derive discrete time models by sampling
- The concept of state-space terminology
- Design discrete time state feedback controllers
- Analyze system models from a controllability, observability and stability point of view
- To design and analyze observers and apply them for state estimation
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $200.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally
Who can take this course?
Unfortunately, learners from one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this course: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this course in all locations. EdX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.