What you will learn
- NP-completeness and how to deal with it
- How to approximate algorithms
- How to use heuristic algorithms to solve a problem more quickly when classic methods are too slow
Step into the area of more complex problems and learn advanced algorithms to help solve them.
This course, part of the Algorithms and Data Structures MicroMasters program, discusses inherently hard problems that you will come across in the real-world that do not have a known provably efficient algorithm, known as NP-Complete problems.
You will practice solving large instances of some of these problems despite their hardness using very efficient specialized software and algorithmic techniques including:
- Approximate algorithms
- Special cases of NP-hard problems
- Heuristic algorithms
Before you start
- Instructor-Led: course contains assignments and exams that have specific due dates, and you complete the course within a defined time period.
- Course ends: Mar 23, 2019