About this course
The aim of this course is to present the mathematical/logic basis underpinning automatic elaboration of Information and to introduce computing and telecommunications technologies. Shannon’s Information theory is first introduced as well as the basic concepts behind computer systems organisation, operating systems and Graphical User Interfaces. Learners then explore procedural programming and Object Oriented programming as major approaches to coding. Computer networks and transmission systems are then presented, focusing on telematic networks at the local, geographic and Internet level. The World Wide Web is described with the introduction of the HTTP protocol and its application in web services: HTML and CSS. Content Management Systems like Wiki and Wordpress are described in detail and the course concludes with Social Networks and an overview of the future of the Internet.
What you'll learn
- La teoria dell’informazione;
- i concetti di base relativi al Sistema Operativo con riferimento a Windows e alle Graphical User Interfaces;
- le reti di calcolatori e gli impianti di trasmissione;
- Il World Wide Web, il protocollo HTTP e la sua applicazione con i servizi web: HTML e CSS;
- le Reti Sociali e una panoramica sul futuro di internet.
- The theory of information;
- Basic concepts relating to Computer Architecture, Operating System and Graphical User Interfaces;
- Computer networks and transmission systems;
- World Wide Web, HTTP protocol and its application in Web services: HTML and CSS;
- Social networks and the future of the Internet.
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $60.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally