About this courseSkip About this course
The final project brings together the skills and knowledge acquired throughout the MicroMasters programme. You will draw on your knowledge of data analysis techniques to demonstrate your capacity to deal effectively with current job market needs.
You will have the opportunity to demonstrate that you can crunch vast amounts of information to gain valuable insight, as well as use a range of approaches for extracting hidden information and building intelligence to assist with decision making.
You will also have to independently apply the methods and tools used to address common practical issues faced by data analysts today, and consolidate your understanding of the most effective methodologies used through hands-on experience. This final project will prepare you for a step change in career or set you up to pursue further study.
Please note, this course is only available to learners who have successfully completed all 4 MicroMasters courses on the verified track prior to undertaking this course:
- PA1.1x Introduction to Predictive Analytics using Python
- PA1.2x Successfully Evaluating Predictive Modelling
- PA1.3x Statistical Predictive Modelling and Applications
- PA1.4x Predictive Analytics using Machine Learning
Learners who successfullycomplete this final course as part of the MicroMasters programme can apply to the on-campus Masters in Business Analytics at the University of Edinburgh. Successful completion of the MicroMasters programme does not guarantee acceptance to the Master's but, if accepted, the 30 credits awarded from the MicroMasters program will be recognised as credit obtained towards the 180 credits required for the full MSc. Visit the University of Edinburgh Business Analytics Entry Requirements page for more information.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
In this course, you will learn:
- How to effectively analyse vast amounts of data to gain valuable insight
- A range of techniques to extract hidden information
- How to build intelligence to assist with decision making
- How to address common, current data analysis issues
- The most effective methodologies through hands-on experience
This course consists of the following assessments:
- A theory-based proctored written exam, drawing on a holistic understanding of the four MicroMasters courses
- A 1,700-word Jupyter notebook submission (coding and text) that reflects a real-life case study. This is typically delivered in the form of a proof-of-concept augmented with interpretation and a visual representation of results
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $450.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally
Frequently asked questions
What software will I be required to use?
All coding activities on thiscourse will be hosted onVocareum. You will be able to access this free software directlywithinthe edX platform. There is no requirement to purchase further software in order to complete this course.
What do I need to complete the course?
For successful completion of this course, you will need access to a computer ormobiledevice anda reliableinternet connection.
Can Itake this as a standalone course?
No. This course is only available to learners who have successfully completed all 4 MicroMasters courses on the verified track prior to undertaking this course:
- PA1.1x Introduction to Predictive Analytics
- PA1.2x Evaluation of Predictive Modelling
- PA1.3x Statistical Predictive Modelling
- PA1.4x Machine Learning-Based Predictive Modelling
Who can take this course?
Unfortunately, learners from one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this course: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this course in all locations. EdX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.