There is one session available:
Sport Analytics: Data Driven Decision Making
About this courseSkip About this course
Analytics have revolutionized sport, providing a competitive advantage to organizational decision-making both on and off the field. This course introduces best practices utilized in sport business analytics. The course touches on data collection, fact finding, visualization, and metrics that guide strategic decision-making in the sport industry. This course will touch on many aspects of the sports industry, including professional sports.
Through the duration of this course, students will:
- Identify the concepts and characteristics of sports analytics in the sporting industry, historically and today.
- Interpret aspects of analytics in the sporting industry (e.g., the impact of analytics in sport, player data points, performance data tracking, organizational key performance indicators, etc.)
- Comprehend and engage in critical thinking with analytic topics in the sporting industry.
- Obtain a perspective of the growing trend and field of sport analytics.
- Gain insight on the strategies and concepts used to evaluate players, team performance, and front-office strategies.
- Discuss topics related to sport analytics
- Utilize data-analysis techniques to identify problems and propose innovative solutions for improving performance both on the field and in sport management.
At a glance
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Identify concepts in sport analytics.
- Understand the benefits and objectives of sport analytics.
- Discuss the impact of analytics on sport.
- Demonstrate insight on the strategies and concepts of sport analytics.
WEEK 1: Introduction to Data in Sport
- History of Sport Analytics
- Sources of Data
- Statistical Techniques
- Tools and Resources
WEEK 2: Analytics as a Game Changer
- The Impact of Analytics on the Field of Play
- New Metrics
- Player Evaluations
- Strategic Decision Making
WEEK 3: The Business of Sport Analytics
- Customer Relationship Management
- Fan Engagement
- Data Visualization and Storytelling
WEEK 4: Evaluating Sport Sponsorships
- Sponsorships in Sport
- Measuring Sponsorships