About this courseSkip About this course
Competitivity, time saving, and the increase of profit have become the main concern to micro, small and medium companies (SMEs) in Latin America in order to stay current in their markets.
Have you ever wondered how the supply chain is designed? This course will provide all the tools you need to do it successfully.
Even though logistics may seem like a complex process which only applies to large companies, actually micro and small companies use these processes on their day to day operations. They simply need to be organized, acknowledged and articulated to get the most out of them.
With this online course you will learn about basic concepts necessary for the articulation of logistical processes with operational efficiency, through the design and planning of sales, marketing and operations.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Identify the basic concepts necessary to formalize a micro and small company and understand planning as a tool for strategic management.
- Identify the main concepts of logistics as well as the basic processes to articulate it with the processes in your company.
- Getting to know the actors involved in the operation flow in order to understand their importance in the value network
- Learn about trends in logistics and in the market and relate them to good practices in your business.
Module 0: Welcome
- Why does a micro and small company need logistics?
Module 1: The supply chain and its actors
- Why design a supply chain?
- What is a supply chain?
- Flows in the supply chain
- Actors and logistic activities of the value network
- Evolution to value network
- Planning logistical processes
Module 2: Demand management
- What is demand?
- Demand forecasting
- Offer development
- Demand vs offer
- Service strategy
- Variability of demand
Module 3: Sales and operations planning
- What is sales and operations planning – S&OP?
- Sales and operations planning structure – S&OP
- How is sales and operations planning developed – S&OP?
- Planning forecasting
Module 4: logistics strategy
- Levels of planning
- Logistics decisions
- Goals of logistics management
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain$25 USD
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
edX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally