In addition to attending classes, completing online assignments, and participating in real-world experiences, learners are also required to attend two immersion weekends held on the USC Los Angeles campus. The immersions provide the opportunity for learners to further hone their leadership skills and build deeper connections with classmates and USC Rossier faculty.
USC Rossier Doctor of Education in Organizational Change and Leadership online
Drive systemic change in your industry with a Doctor of Education in Organizational Change and Leadership online from the University of Southern California’s Rossier School of Education.
About the program
- Lead change now: Facilitate conditions that create effective, adaptable and competitive organizations across industries, in real-time, while you’re still in the program.
- Drive evidence-based decisions: Learn how to leverage data, and program evaluation and assessment, to drive key changes at organizations.
- Create a culminating dissertation in practice: Demonstrate effective application of the program’s theories and concepts, reflect upon your own skills and apply your learnings to your own initiatives.
About USC Rossier School of Education
The USC Rossier School of Education is a leading center for graduate study in education. For more than a century, they have prepared leaders to be change agents, providing them with the skills, knowledge, and determination to create environments in which students, administrators, and organizations can thrive.
Technology and services powered by 2U, Inc., the parent company of edX.
The program curriculum prepares learners for a variety of different leadership roles including CEO, president, vice president, chief learning officer and non-profit manager. The program is delivered through a blend of online collaboration, class sessions, coursework and real-world assignments, that allows learners to work full time while building the skills that will distinguish them as leaders in their organizations. The advanced standing track is 43 credits and the traditional track is 60 credits. Regardless of the track, the curriculum is structured around three key themes.
- Leadership: Master key skills such as creating environments of inclusion and transparency, and establishing and communicating widely shared visions and goals.
- Problem-solving: Strengthen evidence-based decision-making, and master the effective use of data, program evaluation, and assessment.
- Reflection: Contemplate the mission, process,and outcomes of specific learning initiatives.
The Doctor of Education in Organizational Change and Leadership online program is designed for current and emerging leaders eager to enact systemic change from the top down. Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or its recognized equivalent from a regionally accredited institution, and a minimum of six years of proven leadership experience.
To be considered for admission to the program, the following items must be submitted:
Letters of recommendation
Current résumé or curriculum vitae (CV)
Video response and timed writing assignment