Lo que aprenderás
- Describe characteristics and pathogenesis of microorganisms for identifying disease presentation.
- Explain how the basic principles of antimicrobial therapy promote patient-care outcomes.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of current protective and preventative measures for the purpose of reducing infection and disease transmission.
- Recommend evidence-based preventative strategies to address infectious diseases within an at-risk population.
- Analyze how immune response can be manipulated for disease prevention.
Online microbiology courses can provide knowledge and skills you’ll need for many in-demand careers in healthcare.
This program is designed for individuals who want to explore a career path in health sciences and medical technologies.
It is a foundational program that can lead to various lucrative careers within the healthcare industry. It can provide the foundation for a wide range of healthcare careers, from physical therapy and massage to nursing.
Cursos en este programa
Programa MicroBachelors® en Microbiology de SNHUx
- 10–15 horas por semana durante 8 semanas
Study the impact of pathogenic organisms and their role in immunology and disease. You’ll gain knowledge on the interaction between microbe and host, preventative measures and treatment of infectious diseases.
In order to receive the SNHUx MicroBachelors in Microbiology program certificate, you must purchase, complete and pass with a 80% or higher in all program courses.
Please note, that this program is currently being reviewed by TESU. Check back for more information on credit approval.
- Stacking this MicroBachelors certificate into an associates or bachelor’s degree can lead to higher paying positions in areas such as clinical laboratory technologist, biological technician, environmental specialists, and nurse practitioners.
- Many of these jobs are projected to grow at least 5% from 2020 - 2030, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor. Prospects for clinical lab technicians and environmental science and protections technicians, for example, are predicted to climb to 11%.
Conoce a tu instructor de Southern New Hampshire University (SNHUx)
Expertos de SNHUx comprometidos con el aprendizaje en línea
- SNHU has taught microbiology online for many years. We find this is the best way to reach non-traditional learners who need access to coursework on their schedule. SNHUx expands on that flexibility by offering a self-paced course that engages learners through interactive coursework and authentic learning experiences.
- The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported a median annual salary of $84,400 per year in 2020. The BLS also reports that a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in microbiology or a related field is needed for entry-level jobs, with a PhD typically needed to work in research at a college or university.
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects microbiologist roles to grow 5% through 2030. Knowledge of microbiology can be applied to many healthcare jobs, including allied health and nursing.