Lo que aprenderás
- Generate IoT concepts and design IoT solutions within your area of expertise.
- Map out the process for an IoT solution, and identify the sensors and other devices required.
- Evaluate different infrastructure components and network systems, and design the basic network for your IoT ideas.
- Apply software solutions for different systems and Big Data to your concept designs, and appreciate how data is managed in the network.
- Identify and analyse IoT security and privacy risks, and concept design secure hardware and software.
- Produce a viable IoT concept design that solves a problem, is ready to prototype and test, and has an identified route to market.
Nominated for the 2020 edX Prize
The explosion of embedded and connected smart devices, systems and technologies in our lives has created an opportunity to connect every ‘thing’ to the internet. The resultant data collection and connectivity has created efficiencies and solutions previously dreamt up only in science fiction stories.
This is disrupting and transforming every industry around the world.
This MicroMasters program will put you at the front of a digital revolution, where you can design problem-solving systems or guide cutting-edge IoT projects in your industry and area of expertise. Professionals from any field who want to leverage their existing business and/or technical knowledge across IoT-related functions in their workplace will learn exactly what IoT is, how it works, and how to harness its power to improve and streamline your business.
The program will show you the scope of the IoT, and reveal underlying principles and architecture of its networks, devices, programming, data, and security. You will learn how an idea can become a viable, workable IoT product and be able to generate your own IoT ideas and design and/or support their development.
Verified learners will be able to participate in regular live discussions with course lecturers, and remotely access real laboratory equipment for practical sessions. In addition, verified learners will be given access to Cisco Network Academy resources.
Curtin is ranked in the top 200 in the world for Electrical and Electronic Engineering, has a 5-star QS rating, and is ranked ERA 5 (the highest possible rating for Excellence in Research in Australia).
Cursos en este programa
Programa MicroMasters® en Internet of Things (IoT) de CurtinX
- Inició el 5 abr 20226–8 horas por semana durante 12 semanas
Engage fully in the process of designing an IoT solution, from initial analysis of the creative idea to planning out the product, research and design, and identifying a route to market.
What is a MicroMasters Program?
MicroMasters programs are a series of graduate level courses from top universities designed to advance your career. MicroMasters program certificates showcase deep learning and in-demand skills to employers and can help you get started on a path toward completing an advanced degree.
How to Earn a MicroMasters Program Certificate
To earn the program certificate, learners must complete and successfully earn a verified certificate in all six MicroMasters program courses, including the IoT capstone project.
From Program Certificate to a Master’s Degree
Successful completion of the IoT MicroMasters program provides an entry pathway into either one of the following Masters programs:
- The Master of International Business and Entrepreneurship degree program at Curtin University. Subject to meeting Curtin's admission criteria, you will receive 100 credits (25%) towards the 400 credit Master of International Business and Entrepreneurship degree program.
- The Master of Engineering Science (Electrical Engineering) degree program at Curtin University. Please note that the Masters of Professional Engineering (MPE) also requires applicants to have a Bachelor of Engineering degree. Subject to meeting Curtin’s admission criteria, you will receive 100 credits (25%) towards the 400 credit Master of Professional Engineering Science degree program in one of the three Electrical Engineering Majors. Students with an associated science or technology degree (eg Computer Science) may be eligible for entry into the Graduate Diploma pathway to the MPE .
Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) also offers a pathway to credit toward RIT's Master of Science in Professional Studies. If accepted into the program at RIT, students will be eligible for up to 9 credits which will serve toward one concentration required for this interdisciplinary degree. The MS in Professional Studies – which can be completed online or in-person – is a customized, flexible program that meets industry demand by enabling students to strategically combine multiple, complementary fields of study to reflect their unique career and educational goals.
- IoT will affect most industries and business sectors - around 30% of tasks and up to 60% of occupations could be automated, and almost every occupation has the potential for partial automation (Source: McKinsey Global Institute).
- IoT is leading to the creation of new jobs, where people who understand and can leverage the IoT to create solutions will be greatly in demand.
- To remain competitive and successful in the digital economy, professionals should have an understanding of what the IoT is and how it can be used to create business solutions.
- This MicroMasters will also help learners to develop their analytical, creative, problem-solving and critical thinking skills, which are highly valued by employers across all fields.
Conoce a tus instructores de Curtin University (CurtinX)
Expertos de CurtinX comprometidos con el aprendizaje en línea
Every industry will be impacted by the Internet of Things. Cisco predicts there will be 500 billion IoT connections over the next 10 years. It is essential for businesses to have an understanding of what the IoT will enable – greater connectivity, huge collection of data, new insights and the security implications. Curtin University’s MicroMasters in the Internet of Things is an exciting new program that will help anyone understand how to manage IoT projects, become industry ready, and shape a career for longevity in the face of the changes created by the IoT.
Tech Mahindra is guaranteeing interviews at its India locations for edX learners who successfully complete this MicroMasters program and meet other hiring criteria. Today’s disruptive business landscape demands for our talents to be future ready and it is our prime responsibility that the right tools and innovative pathways are facilitated for them... We are excited to work together with edX because careers will be facilitated with a blended learning environment, as well as this gives us the opportunity to bring in new ideas to the table and enhance our customer’s experiences.
- Unfortunately, learners residing in one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this program: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this program in all locations. edX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.