Lo que aprenderás
- How to unlock business value using information systems/digital technologies.
- How to think about information systems/digital technologies from the perspective of a CEO, Chief Information Officer, or a member of the executive suite.
- How to structure, manage, and leverage data and systems in support of business goals.
- How to leverage cloud technologies to support business outcomes.
Information systems and technologies are becoming increasingly integral to success as businesses transform themselves into digitally enabled organizations, requiring a shift in the skill sets needed to understand the role that information systems and technologies play in business.
The Information Systems MicroMasters® program is designed to provide an overview of the foundational capabilities that form the digital core along with the digital technology strategy that focuses on creating value at the frontiers of business and technology. Learn from world-renowned information systems professors and authors of leading textbooks at the Kelley School of Business — the #1 ranked school for online business graduate programs. This MicroMasters program will help you gain expertise in:
- Contemporary organizations need to understand structured and unstructured data to generate insights to improve decision-making processes. Some topics will include data strategy and data governance; relational database systems; fundamentals of SQL; database design and management; data integration; master data management; and big data technologies.
- In a competitive world where data is the new oil and information is distributed in platforms, it becomes fundamental for IT professionals to understand how data can be mined and organized to generate insights. Some topics covered in this course will include Excel’s Power Query add-in to get and transform data from external sources; data types and the implications of data types on analytical techniques; statistical measures to describe distributions; charts and graphs to visualize patterns within data; pivot tables, Excel tables, and advanced functions within Excel; Excel data model, KPIs, and Power BI tools; and business intelligence.
- As technology becomes fundamental to implement strategic initiatives in modern organizations seeking digital transformation, understanding different aspects of managing technology projects and solutions becomes a high priority. Some topics covered will include blockchain and distributed trust; artificial intelligence and robotic process automation; business analytics and machine learning; managing IT investments and business applications; software development through agile approaches; organizational agility and business process redesign for digital transformation; and digital resiliency, information security, and risk management.
Three graduate-level courses in the MicroMasters program represent 30% of the coursework in the online Master of Science in Information Technology Management from the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University (kelley.iu.edu) offered on the edX platform (https://www.edx.org/masters/online-master-in-it-mana gement-indiana-university). Completing this MicroMasters program in Information Systems can strengthen your application to the Information Technology Management Master’s degree, as well as advancing your career on its own.
Cursos en este programa
Programa MicroMasters® en Information Systems de IUx
- Inicia el 16 may 20233–6 horas por semana durante 12 semanas
Gain hands-on experience extracting, preparing, exploring, and analyzing data statistically and visually using features and tools native to Microsoft Excel.
- Inicia el 15 ago 20238–10 horas por semana durante 12 semanas
Understand structured transactional data and known questions along with unknown, less-organized questions enabled by raw/external datasets in the data lakes. Topics include data strategy and data governance, relational databases/SQL, data integration, master data management, and big data technologies.
- Inicia el 16 may 20238–10 horas por semana durante 12 semanas
Look at digital technology and innovation from the perspective of a chief information officer (CIO). Learn about Agile frameworks, cybersecurity and risk management, IT investments, and vendor management.
From Program Certificate to a Master’s Degree
MicroMasters programs are designed to offer learners a pathway to an advanced degree and can count as credit toward completing a Master’s degree program. Learners who successfully earn this MicroMasters program certificate may apply for admission to a Master’s program, and if accepted, the MicroMasters program certificate will count towards the degree.
Through Indiana University’s Information Technology Management Master’s degree on edX, you can combine your MicroMasters program certificate with online coursework from IU to earn a Master’s degree from the Kelley School of Business.
Students who successfully earn the MicroMasters program certificate are eligible to apply to the Master’s program in Information Technology Management with no need to take the GMAT or GRE test. Students will earn nine credits to apply to the 30-credit Master’s degree.
- Corporate, nonprofit, government, and professional services organizations will continue to need high-capability information systems/digital technologies-savvy professionals.
- Professionals across a variety of roles can leverage the MicroMasters program certificate to gain confidence and fluency as they communicate with colleagues, customers, and stakeholders.
Conoce a tus instructores de Indiana University (IUx)
Expertos de IUx comprometidos con el aprendizaje en línea
Cybersecurity Consulting Group
EY has a longstanding relationship with the Kelley School of Business, particularly the information systems area in the school. We have hired several students every year from the residential MS in Information Systems program at Kelley into our Advisory practice and are excited to see the that the school will be delivering similar knowledge and skills to a global audience through the edX MicroMasters in Information Systems and the MS in Information Technology Management.