Lo que aprenderás
- How to setup and secure basic computer systems and networks
- Information security risk management framework and methodologies
- How to implement network security solutions and detect intrusions
- How to conduct a digital forensics investigation admissible to a court
- To practice cybersecurity skills in real world scenarios
Gain the essential knowledge and expertise in network security and forensics needed for cybersecurity in enterprise environments.
In this Cybersecurity MicroMasters program, you will learn:
- Fundamentals of networks;
- Systems administration;
- How to protect computer networks and other systems by mitigating vulnerabilities and monitoring intrusions;
- How to perform digital forensic analysis of cybercrime by gathering information on the nature and extent of the attack for presentation in a court of law, as well as assessing the extent of the damage to an organization;
- Techniques of risk analysis;
- Risk assessment and vulnerability assessment.
The MicroMasters program capstone experience for verified learners entails practical demonstration of these skills.
Cursos en este programa
Cybersecurity Programa MicroMasters® de RITx
- Inicia el Jan 7, 202010–12 horas por semana durante 8 semanasLearn cybersecurity fundamentals, including how to detect threats, protect systems and networks, and anticipate potential cyber attacks.
- Inicia el Jan 7, 202010–12 horas por semana durante 8 semanasLearn the process, techniques and tools for performing a digital forensics investigation to obtain data related to computer crimes.
- Inicia el Jan 7, 202010–12 horas por semana durante 8 semanasLearn key principles of risk analysis, risk assessment and risk mitigation for information security using both qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
- Inicia el Jan 7, 202010–12 horas por semana durante 8 semanasLearn the process of network security, including intrusion detection, evidence collection, network auditing, and contingency planning against attacks.
What is a MicroMasters Program?
MicroMasters programs are a series of graduate level courses from top universities designed to advance your career. MicroMasters program certificates showcase deep learning and in-demand skills to employers and can help you get started on a path toward completing an advanced degree.
How to Earn a MicroMasters Program Certificate
To earn the program certificate, learners must successfully earn a verified certificate in all four courses and pass the capstone.
From Program Certificate to a Master’s Degree
MicroMasters programs are designed to offer learners a pathway to an advanced degree and can count as credit toward completing a Master’s degree program. Learners who successfully earn this MicroMasters program certificate may apply for admission to a Master’s program, and if accepted, the MicroMasters program certificate will count towards the degree.
Learners who successfully earn the MicroMasters program certificate are eligible to apply to RIT’s B. Thomas Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences for graduate program certificate options. Utilizing your MicroMasters program certificate in this way will significantly reduce the cost of the academic program certificate. If accepted into the RIT program, the edX MicroMasters program certificate will count for 9 credits toward a Master of Science in Computing Security Degree (which is a total of 30 credits).
Learn more about the degree program.
- Exciting career opportunities as security analyst, security engineer, security architect, forensics investigator, cybersecurity specialist, and more!
- Cybersecurity positions are expected to rise 6 million globally by 2019 (source: Forbes, January 2016)
- If you are already in the IT field, expect a 9% raise in pay for security expertise (source: Forbes, January 2016)
- Median salary for information security analyst for 2015 is $90,000 (source: US Bureau of Labor Statistics)
Conoce a tus instructores
The shortage of skilled and qualified cybersecurity professionals is one of the biggest issues facing our Internet-connected world today. RIT is helping to close this gap as a leader in computing security education. Professionals who gain the skills and tactics needed to defend against the next generation of security threats will be better prepared for careers at IBM and other organizations in the cybersecurity industry.
Tech Mahindra is guaranteeing interviews at its India locations for edX learners who successfully complete this MicroMasters program and meet other hiring criteria. Today’s disruptive business landscape demands for our talents to be future ready and it is our prime responsibility that the right tools and innovative pathways are facilitated for them... We are excited to work together with edX because careers will be facilitated with a blended learning environment, as well as this gives us the opportunity to bring in new ideas to the table and enhance our customer’s experiences.
Unfortunately, learners from Iran and Cuba will not be able to register for this course. While edX has received a licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer courses to learners from these countries, our licenses do not cover this course. EdX truly regrets that US sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.
The final capstone will be offered on a set schedule (most likely two to three times per year) and will be administered via a virtual proctor. The details are being worked out, but the first exam will not be offered until 2018.
The Cybersecurity MicroMasters program is intended for those who have completed a STEM Bachelor’s degree or have a minimum of 5 years of work experience in a technical environment.
The Cybersecurity Capstone will test knowledge across all four Cybersecurity courses. It will feature hands-on laboratory exercises, similar to the peer or self-assessed exercises in the other Cybersecurity courses.
Having the MicroMasters program certificate provides the admissions committee with significant insight into a student’s capabilities through the completion of four online offerings and the Cybersecurity Capstone.
Yes. You need to be admitted to the Master’s program. The MicroMasters program certificate does not guarantee admission. It does allow us to look at a more expanded track record for each applicant. The learner will need to complete the application process to RIT and the MS Computing Security in order to be considered for the MS degree. For more information visit: http://csec.rit.edu
Completing the listed prerequisites or ensuring equivalent understanding of the knowledge of the prerequisites is strongly recommended in order to be successful in the course work.
Yes. If you are interested in the Cybersecurity MicroMasters program, you must successfully pass and receive a verified certificate in each of the four Cybersecurity MicroMasters program offerings (CYBER501x, CYBER502x, CYBER503x, and CYBER504x) as well as successfully complete the final Cybersecurity Capstone (CYBER525x).
No. To earn the MicroMasters program certificate you need to successfully earn a verified certificate in all four Cybersecurity MicroMasters program offerings when they are scheduled and then, successfully complete the comprehensive Cybersecurity Capstone (CYBER525x). The offerings are on an instructor-paced schedule rather than self-paced, so there is no way to reduce the time to complete them.
Students must achieve a grade of 80% or higher for a passing grade in each of the four Cybersecurity offerings in the MicroMasters program.