Lo que aprenderás
- Understand essential algorithmic techniques and apply them to solve algorithmic problems
- Implement programs that work in less than one second even on massive datasets
- Test and debug your code even without knowing the input on which it fails
- Formulate real life computational problems as rigorous algorithmic problems
- Prove correctness of an algorithm and analyze its running time
This MicroMasters program is a mix of theory and practice: you will learn algorithmic techniques for solving various computational problems through implementing over one hundred algorithmic coding problems in a programming language of your choice.
No other online course in Algorithms even comes close to offering you a wealth of programming challenges that you may face at your next job interview. To prepare you, we have invested thousands of hours designing challenges as an alternative to multiple choice questions that you usually find in MOOCs. We believe in learning through application, especially when it comes to learning algorithms.
For each algorithm you develop and implement, we have designed multiple tests to check its correctness and running time — you will have to debug your programs without even knowing what these tests are! It may sound difficult, but we believe it is the only way to truly understand how the algorithms work and to master the art of programming.
Cursos en este programa
Programa MicroMasters® en Algorithms and Data Structures de UCSanDiegoX
What is a MicroMasters Program?
MicroMasters programs are a series of graduate level courses from top universities designed to advance your career. MicroMasters program certificates showcase deep learning and in-demand skills to employers and can help you get started on a path toward completing an advanced degree.
How to Earn a MicroMasters Program Certificate
To earn the program certificate, learners must complete and successfully earn a verified certificate in all eight MicroMasters program courses, as well as the capstone project course.
From Program Certificate to a Master’s Degree
MicroMasters programs are designed to offer learners a pathway to an advanced degree and can count as credit toward completing a Master’s degree program. Learners who successfully earn this MicroMasters program certificate may apply for admission to a Master’s program, and if accepted, the MicroMasters program certificate will count towards the degree.
Learners who successfully earn the Algorithms and Data Structures MicroMasters program certificate are eligible to apply for admission to the School of Individualized Study (SOIS) Master of Science in Professional Studies at Rochester Institute of Technology.
If a learner applies for admission to the SOIS Master of Science in Professional Studies program at Rochester Institute of Technology, and is accepted, the MicroMasters program certificate will count towards 25% of the coursework required by this program.
- The median salary for Software Development jobs in the US is $102,280 per year (source: Bureau of Labour Statistics)
- Career prospects include software engineer, data scientist, and site reliability engineer.
Conoce a tus instructores de The University of California, San Diego (UCSanDiegoX)
Expertos de UCSanDiegoX comprometidos con el aprendizaje en línea
Yandex believes that mathematical prowess and knowledge of algorithms are key. A drive to learn and expand one’s knowledge, especially in such fast-developing fields as artificial intelligence, computer vision and speech recognition, is another crucial factor for someone to join the Yandex team. A data structures and algorithms MicroMasters is a chance for anyone to develop the skills they can apply across a growing number of spheres and industries.
- You will receive an individual verified certificate for each Algorithms and Data Structures MicroMasters program course that you pass as a verified student. Students passing the final capstone exam and all 7 courses and the capstone in the Algorithms and Data Structures MicroMasters program courses on a verified track will receive a MicroMasters program certificate.
- Yes. If you are interested in the Algorithms and Data Structures MicroMasters program certificate, you must successfully pass and receive a verified certificate in each of the 7 courses as well as successfully pass the final capstone exam.
- Completing the listed prerequisites or ensuring equivalent understanding of the knowledge of the prerequisites is strongly recommended in order to be successful in the course work.
- Students must achieve a grade of 70% or higher for a passing grade in each of the 7 courses in the Algorithms and Data Structures MicroMasters program.
- The last course of this MicroMasters program is a Capstone, and passing it after passing all 8 courses of the MicroMasters program is all you need to get a verified certificate for this program. The capstone will be offered 2-3 times per year.
- Unfortunately, learners residing in one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this program: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this program in all locations. edX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.