Lo que aprenderás
- Learn how to implement real-world embedded system projects firstly on a simulated microcontroller using the Mbed API and then get hands on with hardware using a development board to build working embedded prototypes.
- Develop code for various embedded systems applications, such as an audio wave generator and a music player, as well as controlling different peripherals using digital and analog I/O, interrupts, timers, and pulse-width modulation.
- Learn the features and importance of RTOS and Serial Communications in modern embedded systems design.
- Implement projects in industry-standard, Arm-based hardware, learning the key features of Arm processors and architectures as the basis of modern embedded computing.
- Gain a firm foundation to move towards more complex programming, distributed sensing and the IoT, through a critical evaluation of the systems developed.
Embedded systems engineers are in demand, thanks to the emergence of disruptive technologies like Artificial Intelligence (AI) and the 5G powered Internet of Things (IoT). What’s more, embedded systems are the building blocks of our connected world and Arm-based technologies are the industry standard. Any aspiring engineer looking to unlock the limitless potential of the Fifth Wave of Computing will need to have a fundamental understanding of this important subject area.
The Arm EducationX Embedded Systems Essential Program will provide you with the foundational skills required to begin your embedded systems design and programming career. It is aimed at those familiar with computer or electrical engineering principles at an undergraduate level and with a basic understanding of a programming language such as C/C++.
With over 180 billion Arm-based chips shipped to date, and a record 6.7 billion Cortex-M processors shipped in the fourth quarter of 2020, Arm continues to play a leading role in the development and popularisation of embedded devices. If you’re looking to level-up your skills in this area, then this Program is the ideal place to begin your learning journey.
In Part 1 of the Program, we’ll give you an overview of the characteristics of an embedded system – its components, benefits and constraints. All of this will be supported by Arm’s Mbed API – you can download and use the Mbed simulator on your own computer to quickly get started with prototyping and building your microcontroller projects without the need for hardware.
You’ll then apply your new knowledge of digital and analog I/O, interrupts, low power features, timer and pulse width modulation to program an audio wave generator and audio player, and control peripherals along the way.
Part 2 of the Program will build upon the knowledge acquired in the first course and combine this with new foundational skills focusing on Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS) and Serial Communication as they’re applied to Arm Cortex-M microcontrollers. During the course, we’ll introduce you to practical lab exercises using the popular and affordable ST Nucleo F401RE board, enabling you to obtain real-world experience in implementing these key concepts, We’ve partnered with ST Microelectronics to ensure you get easy access to all the materials you’ll need to build your hardware-based embedded systems applications. Visit our course page to find out more.
We’ll show you how to create applications including a user interface, temperature sensing system and a music player – with ideas to develop each further. By the end of the course, you’ll have an understanding of how to develop your own embedded systems application on industry-standard, Arm-based hardware.
The world of embedded systems is your door into IoT, and all the opportunities it has to offer. Kickstart your embedded systems career by enrolling in the Arm EducationX Embedded Systems Essential Program.
Cursos en este programa
Certificación Profesional en Embedded Systems Essentials with Arm de ArmEducationX
- 3–6 horas por semana durante 6 semanas
Get practical without hardware. Quickly prototype and build microcontroller projects using industry-standard APIs.
- 3–6 horas por semana durante 10 semanas
Spark your creativity with Arm. Level up your Embedded Systems skills by developing working embedded prototypes using the Mbed API and an Arm-based development board, and unlock the boundless opportunities of the Internet of Things.
- As of January 2021, the average base pay for an Embedded Systems Engineer is £38,374 in the U.K and $80,039 in the U.S (Source: Glassdoor.co.uk and Salary.com)
- Forecasts indicate that the global market for Internet of things (IoT) end-user solutions will grow from 212 billion in 2019 to around 1.6 trillion by 2025 (source: Statistia.com).
- Employment in computer and IT occupations is projected to grow 11 percent from 2019 to 2029, with demand for security, software development and new IoT applications driving this growth (source: U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics).
- Companies are looking for individuals that are proactive in acquiring industry-relevant skills. A Professional Certificate in Embedded Systems Essentials on Arm will help to validate the technical and behavioural skills desired by potential employers.
Conoce a tus instructores de Arm Education (ArmEducationX)
Expertos de ArmEducationX comprometidos con el aprendizaje en línea