Lo que aprenderás
- How to generate and evaluate sales forecasts
- How to plan and optimize your inventory management
- How to think and decide on product assortment
- How to find the best prices for your products
- How to understand the needs of omnichannel customers
- How to fulfill omnichannel demand
- How leading retailers are navigating their omnichannel journeys
- How to support an omnichannel strategy
Master the key essentials of the retail business and gain insights from real-world retailers on how to successfully navigate the transformation from traditional brick and mortar to omnichannel.
In this Professional Certificate program, you will learn the four key components of the retail business:
- Inventory Decisions
- Assortment Planning
You will explore the different challenges that retailers face as they integrate traditional brick and mortar and online and the tools and strategies they are using address these challenges. This program will take a hands-on, problem driven approach that will help you understand and put into practice the concepts you learn.
You will see how the decisions you make impact your business and your customers.
In addition to the online video, the certificate material includes: simulations, screencast showing how to implement the concepts and tools we discuss, interviews with managers, live chats and more.
This program is targeted to a wide variety of participants, from retail owners and store managers, to undergrad business majors or specialists in retail. By the end of the program, you, will be able to make better decisions at every step of the retail process.
Cursos en este programa
Certificación Profesional en Retail and Omnichannel Management de DartmouthX
- 3–5 horas por semana durante 4 semanasLearn key components of the retail business, including forecasting, inventory management, product assortment planning and pricing from TuckX and the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth.
- 3–5 horas por semana durante 4 semanas
Understand the needs of omnichannel customers and how to make the transition from a traditional retailer to omnichannel from TuckX and the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth.
- Sales Manager positions are projected to grow by 5% from 2014 to 2024. (Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook)
- Median Salary in 2015 was $113,000, with a median of $81,000 in the Retail trade industry. (Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook)
- Related positions that would benefit from this Professional Certificate are: Purchasing Manager, Planner, Marketing Manager, Buyer and Purchasing Agent.
Conoce a tus instructores de Dartmouth College (DartmouthX)
At The North Face, we are constantly trying to understand the changes in consumer behavior that are driving shifts in the retail industry landscape. Having a good understanding of the dynamics at play in the omnichannel space is critical for every member of our team and an important criteria in hiring. Completing a professional certificate like Retail Management is an effective way to not only acquire this understanding, but for students to demonstrate engagement with the real issues impacting the retail world.
This program is essential for anyone pursuing a career in the brave new world that is retail. With preferences changing more rapidly than ever before due to the rise of social media and access to information, the future of retail necessitates an understanding of supply chain, inventory management, and forecasting and how these play a role in dictating an effective omni-channel strategy that can meet the needs of today’s consumer.