Lo que aprenderás
- Examine the effects of family status on educational outcomes and long-term success.
- Explore how highly engaged high school teachers can have an impact on student learning outcomes.
- Analyze historical and current data to improve educational experiences, decrease biases, and overcome barriers to upward mobility.
- Understand what the Data Wise Improvement Process is and how it can help you improve teaching and learning.
- Build skills in looking at a wide range of data sources, including test scores, student work, and teaching practice.
Did you know that students taught for a single year in high school by a great teacher earn an average of $50,000 more over the course of their lifetime? Education can increase or decrease a child’s likelihood of economic mobility. In the Big Data For Education professional certificate series, teachers and educational administrations can take a data-driven approach to education, learning how to use data to improve instruction and creating long-term value for their students.
In the first course, Big Data Solutions to Economic and Social Problems, you will examine the historical evidence identifying the characteristics that lead to improved outcomes. You will see some of the benefits of big data and how it can be used to measure mobility related to K-12 education and see how test scores, student performance, class size, and funding can affect a student's future economic status.
In the second course, Introduction to Data Wise: A Collaborative Process to Improve Learning & Teaching, you will learn how to parse the multiple data streams available to educators to improve learning and teaching. You will also have the opportunity to share insights and experiences about school improvement with educators from around the world and learn what is involved in using data to build a culture of collaborative inquiry.
Big Data for Education is geared to help teachers and administrators understand how to use data to better teach students and build a more equitable future.
Cursos en este programa
Certificación Profesional en Big Data for Education de HarvardX
- 1–2 horas por semana durante 4 semanas
Join Harvard University Professor Raj Chetty in this online course to understand how big data can be used to measure mobility and solve social problems.
- 1–2 horas por semana durante 10 semanas
Learn what is involved in using data wisely to build a culture of collaborative inquiry.
- Between October 2021 and October 2022, the median advertised salary in the U.S. for candidates with teaching experience was $52.7K. For candidates with teaching experience AND big data experience, the median advertised salary increased to $80.3K.
- There were 300 average monthly job postings seeking candidates with teaching and big data experience, which represented a +63% change in job postings between October 2021 and October 2022. (Data source: Lightcast™, 2022.)
Conoce a tus instructores de Harvard University (HarvardX)
Expertos de HarvardX comprometidos con el aprendizaje en línea