Lo que aprenderás
- Identifying and defining objects, processes, and states in a system and the structural and procedural relations among them
- Modeling the system’s top-level diagram with its function, beneficiary, benefit, stakeholders, and enables - agents and instruments
- Modeling various kinds of systems, including technological, natural, and complex socio-technical systems
- Managing system complexity by using refinement-abstraction mechanisms of in-zooming - out-zooming, unfolding - folding, and state expression - suppression
The program teaches the principles and practice of MBSE - Model-Based Systems Engineering, using Object-Process Methodology - OPM. Conceptual modeling of a system's requirements, concept, and architecture is a first, critical stage in a successful process of developing any system. Recognized as ISO 19450, OPM is founded on a simple, universal ontology of objects and processes that transform them. It is a compact graphical and textual modeling language for conceptual modeling of complex systems of all kinds.
Since in OPM objects and processes can be modeled as physical or informatical, it is ideal for modeling cyber-physical systems (CPSs), such as the Internet of Things (IoT) and Industry 4.0, where the digital twin is prevalent, and fusing hardware and software is imperative.
The program’s underlying philosophy and guideline are that systems and software engineering are complementary, and a systems engineer must know the principles of both to thrive in the modern Industry 4.0 environment. OPM is key to achieving this engineering education objective because it is geared to easily and naturally specify software-intensive socio-technical systems, which also involve humans in the loop. Unlike SysML, which has nine kinds of diagrams, OPM has just one. Moreover, OPM represents the model in both graphics and natural language text, catering to the human dual channel processing and facilitating model comprehension.
The program blends and balances systems science and engineering theory with practical modeling using OPCloud - OPM Cloud-based modeling environment, which is embedded in edX. The methodology part of OPM entails how to approach the problem of modeling, architecting, and designing new systems, as well as analyzing existing ones. You will learn how to define and model the problem at hand, the function of the system aimed to solve the problem, the stakeholders, the beneficiary group, and the benefit they are expected to gain. Turning to a detailed specification of the solution system, product, or service, things get more complex. During the program, you will learn the process of system design and development using MBSE with OPM. The course content was produced to be informative and entertaining. You will model various real-life systems in OPM – mainly technological, but also social and natural. Learning is made interactive through diverse, engaging exercises and interaction with OPCloud with real-time detailed feedback.
The course "MBSE 102 - Model-based Systems Engineering: Advanced Approaches with OPM" is a continuation for MBSE 101. Therefore, learners must take MBSE 101 before taking MBSE 102, since it is a prerequisite. The new run for MBSE 101 will start on October 27th, 2019.
Cursos en este programa
Certificación Profesional en Model-Based Systems Engineering - MBSE de IsraelX y Technion
- 5–6 horas por semana durante 5 semanas
The course provides basic knowledge and tools for Model-based Systems Engineering with Object-Process Methodology, focusing on conceptual modeling of a system, giving learners a competitive advantage over their peers.
- 5–6 horas por semana durante 5 semanas
The course provides advanced knowledge and tools for Model-Based Systems Engineering with Object-Process Methodology, focusing on conceptual modeling of systems, giving learners a competitive advantage over their peers.
- Systems engineer with deep knowledge of model-based systems engineering (MBSE) and developed thinking skills, capable of leading large-scale product development projects from a combined systems engineering and project management perspective
- System architect who can lead and direct disciplinary engineers in carrying out detailed design, preliminary design review, system design review, and system integration and testing
- System and product manager of a software-intensive system or system-of-systems which includes IoT components and operates in an AI-intensive Industry 4.0 or Factory-of-the-Future smart manufacturing environment
- Lead software architect of a software-intensive system or system-of-systems which includes IoT components and operates in an Industry 4.0 environment with AI enhancements
Conoce a tu instructor de IsraelX, Technion
Expertos de IsraelX, Technion comprometidos con el aprendizaje en línea
Whirlpool Corporation is building on the rigor and agility of OPM ISO 19450. The company plans to have its engineers take the Model-Based Systems Engineering Professional Certificate program throughout the organization.