Lo que aprenderás
- Describe CER/PCOR methods
- Interpret systematic review and meta-analysis results, and define strategies for critically appraising the literature
- Define several types of observational studies, and interpret their results
- Describe how health registries can be used to make decisions about best clinical care
- Identify and classify clinical trial designs and describe the statistical methods used to analyze their data
Do you want to inform healthcare decisions by conducting research on the effectiveness, benefits, and potential harms of treatment options? Would you like to help patients choose care that best meets their needs? Perhaps you’d like to learn the basics of clinical research? Or maybe you’d like to use a national health data registry to answer a research question? If any of these questions resonate Comparative Effectiveness Research Training and Instruction – CERTaIN - Professional Certificate Program is right for you!
Created by investigators from The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center and partner institutions, the CERTaIN Professional Certificate program provides a comprehensive overview of core concepts, research methods and data analysis techniques used in comparative effectiveness (CER) and patient-centered outcomes research (PCOR) across five key areas:
Course 1. Introduction
Course 2. Knowledge Synthesis
Course 3. Patient-Centered Outcomes Research (PCOR)
Course 4. Pragmatic Clinical Trials and Healthcare Delivery Evaluations
Course 5. Observational Studies and Registries
Learn from expert decision scientists, biostatisticians, oncologists, economists, social scientists, health care policy experts and epidemiologists how to conduct CER/PCOR and see how CER/PCOR methods have been applied in the real world to conduct state of the art research studies.
The CERTaIN Professional Certificate Program is intended for anyone interested in CER/PCOR methods. This program is comprised of 5 courses and includes a combined total of almost 50 lectures in CER/PCOR topics. Each course consists of a series of lectures delivered by content experts and each lecture is segmented into short videos, followed by a quiz to assess your understanding of the material.
The CERTaIN Professional Certificate Program is supported by grant number R25HS023214 from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.
The CERTaIN Professional Certificate Program was created by investigators.
Cursos en este programa
Certificación Profesional en Comparative Effectiveness Research Training and Instruction (CERTaIN) de MDAndersonX
- 1–2 horas por semana durante 3 semanas
Learn the fundamentals of comparative effectiveness research (CER) and patient-centered outcomes research (PCOR) methods and data analysis strategies.
- 4–5 horas por semana durante 3 semanas
Learn how to interpret and report systematic review and meta-analysis results, and define strategies for searching and critically appraisingscientific literature.
- 3–4 horas por semana durante 3 semanas
Learn what comparative effectiveness research (CER) and patient-centered outcomes research (PCOR) are and identify the difference between CER/PCOR studies and randomized controlled trials.
- 4–5 horas por semana durante 3 semanas
Define several types of observational studies, interpret their results, and describe how health registries can be used to make decisions about best clinical care.
- This certificate is intended for anyone interested in conducting CER/PCOR. This course can provide research-related positions such as Research Scientists, Physician Scientists, Health Sciences Trainees and Health Policy Analysts with CER/PCOR skills.
- Career prospects for people with similar training include Research Scientist, Physician Scientist, Health Sciences Trainee, Health Policy Analyst, Clinical Research Coordinator, Clinical Research Associate, Research Nurse, and Medical Scientist.
- For example, the average salary for a Medical Scientist in the United States as of 2017 is $82,095 (Occupational Outlook Handbook).
- Average growth for Medical Scientists is expected to be above average at 13%.
Conoce a tus instructores de The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston (MDAndersonX)
Expertos de MDAndersonX comprometidos con el aprendizaje en línea