Lo que aprenderás
- Identify the key roles of Brokerage Operations and recognize the characteristics of the marketplace and how it interacts with the operation process.
- Identify the steps to process a trade and understand the role of clearing corporations.
- Understand the settlement process and how to transfer securities.
- Understand the relevant regulations around the securities margining process and the purpose for Brokerage Accounting.
- Recognize the two primary records kept in a brokerage firm and the purpose of the general ledger.
In this Professional Certificate program you will gain a good understanding of the trade lifecycle and how the trade settlement process relates to other parts of the broker dealer, such as finance and regulatory reporting.
We will review the industry participants and utilities such as the clearing corporations and how they are an integral part of the operations process. We will also discuss the changes in the marketplace and trade execution venues and how those changes have affected the trade settlement process.
NOTE: Completing all 3 parts and then taking the Professional Certificate Examination is MANDATORY to achieve both the NYIF Certificate of Mastery and the edX Professional Certificate in Brokerage Operations. A verified learner must pass all courses in the program with a minimum grade of 70% to earn a Professional Certificate for Brokerage Operations.
Cursos en este programa
Certificación Profesional en Brokerage Operations de NYIF
- Not currently availableLearn about brokerage operations; including the key roles and types of accounts within this field.
- Not currently availableLearn about the characteristics of the marketplace, how to process a trade, the role of clearing corporations, and get an overview of settlement, trade processing functions.
- Not currently availableGet introduced to Custody and Asset Servicing, Margins, Brokerage Accounting, Stock Records and General Ledger
- Not currently availableComplete the required exam to earn your professional certificate in Brokerage Operations from the New York Institute of Finance.
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects an 8.4% growth in the next 10-year, which is predicted to grow faster than the national average of 6.5% for Business & financial operations occupations.
- The average annual salary for Business & Financial operations occupations is 75,070.
- Career prospects for people with similar training: Trading Specialist/Broker Dealer, Broker-Dealer Operations Associate, Compliance Operations - Broker Dealer Alerts Analyst (Back Office), Operations Control Strategy Lead (CapMkts Middle Office Manager 2)
Conoce a tus instructores de New York Institute of Finance (NYIF)
Expertos de NYIF comprometidos con el aprendizaje en línea
The Brokerage Operations Course provided me with a deeper knowledge of operations areas that I will need in my role while serving my firm's operations department.