Lo que aprenderás
- Describe major industry trends and challenges.
- Explain the insurance industry's regulatory environment.
- Describe the operating cycle of an insurance company.
- Compare and contrast statutory and U.S. GAAP accounting.
- Describe the impairment tests for invested assets.
- Differentiate between loss reserves, policy reserves, UPR, and IBNR reserves.
- Identify the components of an insurer's capital and surplus.
- Describe the nature and purpose of reinsurance.
- Identify the key elements of risk transfer in a reinsurance agreement.
- Conduct ratio analysis to assess an insurer's financial condition and results.
- Explain the methodologies used by rating agencies.
- Describe the key components of the NAIC's risk-based capital (RBC) formula.
- Identify the warning signs of an insurer experiencing financial distress.
- Predict how changes in key variables might affect an insurer's financial results.
- Describe how insurance companies manage financial risk.
- Describe the impact of international accounting (IFRS) on the insurance industry.
- Refresh your knowledge of key insurance terms and concepts.
Financial Analysis of Insurance Companies Professional Certificate is designed to provide you with a good understanding of the unique analysis methods needed to assess the financial strength and operating performance of insurance companies in the US and Europe.
Learners will be introduced to the various analysis methods over 12 modules and a case study which examines the primary methods used to value a property and casualty insurance business.
The Financial Analysis of Insurance Companies Professional Certificate concludes with an online proctored capstone test in which learners need to score 70% and above to receive the Financial Analysis of Insurance Companies Professional Certificate from edX and the Financial Analysis of Insurance Companies Mastery Certificate from the New York Institute of Finance.
Free Preview! Access the first module from Course 1 for free. For full course access, upgrade to a verified certificate.
Cursos en este programa
Certificación Profesional en Financial Analysis of Insurance Companies de NYIF
- 1–2 horas por semana durante 3 semanas
Take a deep dive into the operating practices, accounting methodology, and regulatory environment of the insurance industry.
- 1–2 horas por semana durante 4 semanas
Learn the key performance and financial indicators that will allow you to analyze and value an insurance company.
- 1–2 horas por semana durante 1 semanas
Gain an understanding of the analysis methods needed to assess the financial strength & operating performance of insurance companies in the US.
- Career prospects for people with similar training include: Business Analyst, Finance & Insurance, Senior Financial Analyst, STP, Reinsurance Finance Analyst, Senior Financial Analyst, Financial Analyst - Corporate Finance, Reinsurance Modeling Analyst
- The median annual wage for financial analysts was $81,590 in May 2019. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $47,230, and the highest 10 percent earned more than $156,150. (Source: Bureau of Labor And Statistics)
- Employment of financial analysts is projected to grow 5 percent from 2019 to 2029, faster than the average for all occupations. (Source: Bureau of Labor And Statistics)
Conoce a tu instructor de New York Institute of Finance (NYIF)
Expertos de NYIF comprometidos con el aprendizaje en línea