WestonHS: On Ramp to AP* Biology
This course will help students who have taken an introductory level biology course get ready for more advanced courses, including AP Biology.
On Ramp to AP* Biology
About this courseSkip About this course
Interested in taking AP Biology, or an advanced biology course, but unsure if you are ready? This is the course for you!
This short course will briefly review basic concepts covered in AP Biology, and will include advanced challenge questions. Starting with a review of genetics and related content, the course will prepare you to tackle Investigation 2 and 3 of the AP Biology curriculum. You will learn how to create a mathematical model of populations and be able to compare DNA and Protein sequences using BLAST. The students who complete this mini-course will be better prepared to tackle more advanced course material in the future.
Advanced Placement® and AP® are trademarks registered and/or owned by the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, these offerings.
At a glance
- Subject: Biology & Life Sciences
- Level: Introductory
- Background in intro-/high school-level biology concepts
- Interest in learning more about biology
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated skills:Biology, Mathematical Modeling, Genetics
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- How to create a mathematical model in Excel or Google Sheets
- Population modeling basics
- How to use NCBI’s BLAST
- How to make a cladogram
- Basic concepts covered in AP Biology courses
- Basics of experimental design and data analysis