There is one session available:
Create Energised and Empowered Teams
About this courseSkip About this course
Develop your managerial skills and promote a positive team culture
Research has shown that promoting a positive team culture can help to boost employee motivation and drive your organisation’s success. Teams that feel energised and empowered are more resilient and better able to cope with challenges.
On this four-week course from the University of Adelaide, you’ll learn why motivation is so crucial for successful management, and gain the skills you need to successfully empower and energise your employees.
Explore the benefits of a strong team culture
Creating a strong team culture is beneficial for both your employees and your organisation. It can help arm your team with the confidence and motivation to deal with obstacles quickly, minimising disruption to the business.
You’ll discover the crucial role that managers and team leaders play in setting the tone for their team’s culture.
Investigate motivation strategies for energising and empowering your team
Once you’ve seen what it means to energise and empower employees, and understood the benefits of a positive team culture, you can begin mastering motivation strategies.
Your course leader will guide you through the principles of motivation theory, showing how it applies to employee motivation.
Identify and celebrate your employees’ talents to boost team performance
To effectively empower your employees, you’ll need a clear sense of what their strengths and talents are. In the second half of the course, you’ll apply techniques for identifying strengths and potential weaknesses. You’ll see how matching talents to tasks can help to optimise your team’s performance.
By the end of the four weeks, you’ll understand the benefits of employee motivation for individuals and organisations, and have the tools you need to harness your own team’s potential.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for new and emerging managers or team leaders working in any industry. It may also interest more experienced managers looking to upskill or update their approach to management.
At a glance
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe the benefits of empowered and energised teams to organisations and individuals.
- Explain the role of motivation theory in creating energised and empowered teams.
- Explain strengths-based development techniques/tools.
- Identify ways to position employees in the organisation to capitalise on their talents and strengths.
Week 1: Benefits of energised and empowered teams
- What does it mean to be energised and empowered? - We will discover what it means to have an energised and empowered team.
- Organisational and team advantages of having energised and empowered employees - We will discover the advantages of having a team like this to both the organisation and their direct team.
- What does an energised team look like? - What do we see in energised teams and what are some examples of those?
- What does an empowered team look like? - What do we see in empowered teams and what are some examples of those?
Week 2: Creating energised and empowered teams
- Motivation theory - Let's explore motivation theory, both intrinsic and extrinsic motivation.
- Using motivation and strengths to energise and empower - Let's discover how we can use motivation theory to energise and empower our team.
Week 3: Identifying talents and strengths
- Strengths-based development - Let's discover what a strengths-based approach is and how it can be used.
- Team-based tools and techniques - we'll discover a talent identification tool, and you'll learn how to apply this in your own team context.
Week 4: Matching talents and strengths to team tasks and projects
- Matching talents and strengths to team tasks and projects - Let's explore and practise matching our team's strengths to different projects.
- Getting the best out of your team - Let's discover how we can bring out the best in our people.
- Leveraging organisational opportunities - Let's put everything we learned into practice and see how we can leverage these talents for our organisation's benefit.