Women's Leadership: Boost your skills and drive change
About this courseSkip About this course
Do you know what your leadership style is? Would you like to develop or strengthen leadership skills with a gender perspective? Do you know how the countries of Latin America and the Caribbean are doing in terms of women's leadership or the benefits of having more women in decision-making positions in the region? Would you like to know what are the challenges and opportunities for women to assume leadership positions, and what skills and strategies you should develop to strengthen your leadership competencies?
Although women represent 60% of graduates in tertiary and university careers in Latin America and the Caribbean (UNESCO, 2018) only 8.3% of company board positions are held by women. In this context, it is more important than ever that you improve your leadership skills so as not to be left behind.
In this course, you will analyze the type of leadership that today's changing environment demands, and you will be able to self-assess how you are managing your own style and adjust it where necessary. You will also discover how you can benefit from mentoring to help you plan your career. You will have practical tools to get to know yourself better, which will help you develop your "personal brand" and use it in spaces that will provide you with new development opportunities. To enhance your success in the course, you will learn how to develop your emotional intelligence and communication skills to promote your assertiveness, self-confidence and public image, as well as your ability to adapt to change, to persuade others, and to overcome adversity.
Take advantage of the opportunity to boost your career and become a leader. With just 2 hours a week, from wherever and whenever it suits you best, you can learn how to develop your leadership skills and give your career a boost.
This course is " self-paced " so you can register at any time, even if it opened a few days before.
- If you choose the Audit track , you will be able to complete the course for free in 10 weeks from the moment you register.
- If you opt for the Verified track modality, you can access the course in an unlimited way and you can complete the graded evaluations until the closing date, July 14th, 2023, after making a payment of 29 USD. If you pass the course you will receive, in addition to the verified certificate, a digital badge that allows you to transform the way you share your academic and professional achievements, for example, in your social networks.
Do you know about the financial assistance available to qualify for the verified certificate?
edX Help: edX offers financial assistance to students who are having difficulty making payments. Register for the course and fill out this financial assistance application.
At a glance
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated skills: Emotional Intelligence, Leadership, Assertiveness, Decision Making, Mentorship, Communications, Personal Branding
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Strategies that support your ability to influence others and assume positions of greater responsibility in your sector or community.
- Practical tools to strengthen your intrapersonal and interpersonal skills such as self-awareness, emotional intelligence, personal branding and high impact communication that will enable you to assume leadership positions.
- Leadership strategies in different contexts and sectors based on success stories of women who have assumed influential roles (role models).
Frequently Asked QuestionsSkip Frequently Asked Questions
What does ASSISTANT MODALITY mean?
Access to the course in the assistant mode is free of charge and you will be able to take the course for 10 weeks from the day you register.
What does VERIFIED CERTIFICATE MODALITY mean?
If you wish to obtain the verified course certificate you must pay and pass the course with a minimum grade of 65%.
This way, in addition to the certificate of approval verified with your data, you will have access to all the course evaluations, and you will be able to consult the learning resources indefinitely. If you pass the course, you will also receive a digital badge that allows you to transform the way you share your academic and professional achievements, for example, on social networks.
How can I apply for the IDBx scholarship to achieve the verified certificate and digital badge?
Edx offers financial assistance for students who would like to obtain a verified certificate, but are unable to afford the fee. Eligible students may receive up to 90% off the verified certificate fee for a course.
To apply for financial assistance, complete the application at this link.