There is one session available:
Programming 101: An Introduction to Python for Educators
About this courseSkip About this course
On this course, you’ll explore programming in Python. Guided by the Raspberry Pi Foundation, you’ll discover basic programming concepts, learning how to understand the basics of Python syntax and interpret error messages.
Ultimately, you’ll use your new coding skills to create your first program – which will be able to solve a simple problem.
At a glance
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
Over the following four weeks, you will:
- Explore basic programming concepts such as sequencing and repetition
- Identify use cases for 'for' and 'while' loops, if statements and functions
- Produce your own program to solve a simple problem
- Interpret error messages, with a knowledge of basic Python syntax
You will cover:
- Basic programming concepts such as repetition and sequencing
- When and how to use a 'for' loop, an 'if' statement, a 'while' loop, and functions
- Creating your own program to solve a simple problem
- The basics of Python syntax
- How to interpret error messages
Frequently Asked QuestionsSkip Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this course for?
This course would suit educators who have no experience of programming in Python.