Macroeconomics of Climate Change: Mitigation Strategies
About this courseSkip About this course
This online course serves as the second module of a broader Macroeconomics of Climate Change (MCCx) course. In this modular offering, you will learn comprehensive strategies for designing mitigation policies, how to analyze the impact of such policies, and considerations for scaling up carbon pricing.
At a glance
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
By the end of the course, you will:
- Explain the rationale for mitigation as a policy approach.
- Identify the appropriate components of mitigation policy instruments.
- Compare the advantages and disadvantages of carbon pricing as a key mitigation instrument for countries.
- Identify how to analyze and quantify the macroeconomic impacts of mitigation policies.
- Determine key considerations for policymakers when strategizing to scale up carbon pricing at the domestic and international level.