Choose your session:
Electric Cars: Business
About this courseSkip About this course
Electric cars are more than a novel means of mobility. They have been recognized as an essential building block of the energy transition. Fulfilling their promise will imply a significant change in the technical, digital and social dimensions of transport and energy infrastructure. If you want to explore the business opportunities this new market offers, then this is the course for you!
This course explains how electric mobility can work for various businesses, including fleet managers, automobile manufacturers and charging infrastructure providers. The experts of TU Delft, together with other knowledge institutes and companies in the Netherlands, will provide insights into and examples of how innovations have disrupted conventional businesses and created new businesses altogether. This will be explained through various concepts and models, including total cost of ownership models, lean mass production, value chain thinking and business integration.
After completing this course, you will be able to create e-mobility business models and develop a new strategy for your company which includes transition to or incorporation of e-mobility.
The course includes video lectures, presentations and exercises, which are all illustrated with real-world case studies from projects that were implemented in the Netherlands. This includes Fastned, Jedlix, Royal Haskoning and VDL.
This course was co-developed with the Dutch Innovation Centre for Electric Road Transport (Dutch-INCERT) and is taught by experts from both industry and academia, who share their knowledge and insights.
At a glance
- Language: English
- Video Transcripts: اَلْعَرَبِيَّةُ, Deutsch, Español, Français, हिन्दी, Bahasa Indonesia, Português, Kiswahili, తెలుగు, Türkçe, 中文
- Associated programs:
- Professional Certificate in Electric Cars
- Associated skills:Infrastructure, Presentations, Total Cost Of Ownership, Electric Vehicles, Business Modeling, Lecturing, Integration
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- How electric cars are disrupting conventional business models
- How to apply advanced business innovation tools
- How to develop profitable e-mobility business models
- Innovation in future mobility
Week 1: EV Charging Infrastructure
- Destination Charging
- Fast Charging and future charging
- Smart grid and smart charging
- Lessons for stakeholders
- Case study: Fastned
Week 2: Switching to EV Fleets
- EV fleet introduction
- Economies of Electric Vehicles compared to gasoline vehicles
- EV fleet management
- Non-financial factors
- Case study: Royal Haskoning
Week 3: Electrification of transportation
- Electrification of Road Transport vehicles
- Technology push to market pull
- Electrification - global business
- Case study: VDL
Week 4: Advanced EV Business
- Autonomous Electric Vehicles
- Smart Charging
- Vehicle V-2-X
- Spark City
- Case study: Jedlix
Learner testimonialsSkip Learner testimonials
"Through this program I gained excellent and useful knowledge which I use in everyday work activities such as developing new e-mobility projects, new solutions and strategies for sustainable local transport and implementation of e-mobility solutions in a smart city concept." -- Zvonimir, Croatia
More about this courseSkip More about this course
The course materials of this course are Copyright Delft University of Technology and are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike (CC-BY-NC-SA) 4.0 International License.