There is one session available:
About this courseSkip About this course
What is this course about?
In this course, we will look at the advanced technologies that are driving FinTech forward.
FinTech is not only a major strategic focus in the banking and finance industry around the world. The fast-moving FinTech technologies also create opportunities and pose challenges to global financial institutions, large tech giants, techfins, retailers and other global companies and the legal and compliance sectors. Besides technology innovations and R&D in FinTech, nurturing FinTech talents and attracting students and professionals to the FinTech arena is very important.
In this MOOC, we will discuss six advanced technologies that drive transformation in the finance and technology industries today from a layman’s perspective. The contents will focus on how these technologies are used in FinTech applications including, artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), natural language processing (NLP) and big data analytics in daily scenarios such as insurtech, robo-advisory, intelligent transport monitoring, applications in green finance, as well as, blockchain and distributed ledger technology in banking and DeFi. The course will also discuss the technologies and practical impacts of the much talked about Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs) and cyber security. And last but not least, we will learn about the critical roles of RegTech and SupTech in strengthening compliance and enhancing the efficiencies of financial institutions in the FinTech ecosystem.
At a glance
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated skills:Finance, Machine Learning, Banking, Cyber Security, Blockchain, Natural Language Processing, Big Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Digital Currency, Distributed Ledgers, Financial Technology (FinTech)
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
After completing this course the learner will be able to:
- Identify and describe the key driving technologies of FinTech
- Understand how AI and Machine Learning works
- Articulate and discuss FinTech applications including artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), natural language processing (NLP) and big data analytics in daily scenarios
- Understand and describe the application of blockchain and distributed ledger technology in banking and digital finance
- Appraise the importance of data privacy and cyber security
- Recognise the importance of RegTech in the FinTech ecosystem