There is one session available:
Machine Learning at the Edge on Arm: A Practical Introduction
About this courseSkip About this course
The age of machine learning has arrived! Arm technology is powering a new generation of connected devices with sophisticated sensors that can collect a vast range of environmental, spatial and audio/visual data. Typically this data is processed in the cloud using advanced machine learning tools that are enabling new applications reshaping the way we work, travel, live and play.
To improve efficiency and performance, developers are now looking to analyse this data directly on the source device – usually a microcontroller (we call this ‘the Edge’). But with this approach comes the challenge of implementing machine learning on devices that have constrained computing resources.
This is where our course can help!
By enrolling in Machine Learning at th e Edge on Arm: A Practical Introduction you’ll learn how to train machine learning models and implement them on industry relevant Arm-based microcontrollers.
We’ll start your learning journey by taking you through the basics of artificial intelligence , machine learning and machine learning at the edge , and illustrate why businesses now need this technology to be available on connected devices. We’ll then introduce you to the concept of datasets and how to train algorithms using tools like Anaconda and Python. We'll then go on to explore advanced topics in machine learning such as artificial neural networks and computer vision.
Along the way, our practical lab exercises will show you how you can address real-world design problems in deploying machine learning applications, such as speech and pattern recognition, as well as image processing, using actual sensor data obtained from the microcontroller. We'll also introduce you to the open source TensorFlow Python library, which is useful in the training and inference of deep neural networks.
In the final module you’ll be able to apply what you’ve learned by implementing machine learning algorithms on a dataset of your choice.
The ST DISCO-L475E board used in this course can be purchased directly from our technology partner STMicroelectronics: https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/campaigns/educationalplatforms/iot-arm-edx-edu.html
Through our vast ecosystem, Arm already powers a wide range of devices and applications that rely on machine learning at the edge. Be a part of this vibrant community of developers and start your machine learning journey by enrolling in our course today!
At a glance
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated skills: Internet Of Things (IoT), Pattern Recognition, Artificial Neural Networks, Computer Vision, Algorithms, Python (Programming Language), Machine Learning, Image Processing, Innovation, Speech Recognition, Go (Programming Language), Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning Algorithms, Connected Devices, TensorFlow, Anaconda (Software)
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- An understanding of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Machine Learning concepts.
- How to get started with Machine Learning on Arm microcontrollers.
- How to acquire data from sensors and peripherals on a microcontroller.
- The fundamentals of Artificial Neural Networks in constrained environments.
- Convolutional Neural Networks and Deep Learning.
- How to deploy computer vision models using CMSIS-NN.
Module 1 - Understand basic concepts of AI, ML and Edge ML.
Module 2 - Identify the key features of Machine Learning such as datasets, data analysis and alogorithm training.
Module 3 - Learn to explain the basic elements of Artificial Neural Networks.
Module 4 - Learn to explain the basic elements of Convolutional Neural Networks (CNN).
Module 5 - Understand how to deploy computer vision using CNN.
Module 6 - Learn to optimise ML models under the constraints of a microcontroller environment