Syracuse University MS in Applied Data Science online
Learn to develop data-driven solutions to solve business challenges and make a measurable impact in your organization with the Orange community.Request more info
About the program
- Real-world learning: Gain the analytical, technical, and managerial expertise you need to stand out in a competitive job market.
- Career opportunities: Make a measurable impact as a data scientist, a top-five Glassdoor job for the last five years in a row.3
- Advanced expertise: Earn your MS in Applied Data Science online and be the one your organization turns to for data insights.
About Syracuse University’s iSchool
The Syracuse University School of Information Studies (iSchool) is a leader in the information field, with career-focused curricula, personalized career support, and global experiences. The iSchool prepares learners to exceed expectations in the digital information age at the intersection of business, technology, and diversity.
Technology and services powered by 2U, Inc., the parent company of edX.
The online MS in Applied Data Science curriculum combines methodologies and practices from the fields of information science and business. The curriculum was developed in collaboration with the Whitman School of Management; learners engage in a unique experience that explores the impact data science has on business. Choose between three tracks to specialize your degree and reach your professional goals:
- Data and business analytics: Delve deeper into the business applications of data science.
- Language analytics: Focus on unstructured language data.
- Data pipelines and platforms: Explore data collection and data engineering.
Prospective students interested in this program can choose from four cohort start dates: January, April, July, and October. GRE scores are not required; however, if an applicant believes that their score will support their application, they are welcome to share their score in their application. To complete an application, you will need to submit:
Official transcripts from all previous institutions
Letters of recommendation
TOEFL scores (if applicable)