University of Dayton Master of Science in Education (MSE) in Educational Leadership online
Earn an MSE from the University of Dayton’s School of Education and Health Sciences (SEHS), with an optional path to becoming a licensed principal for your preferred educational setting. Start a career in school administration and leadership, and bring excellence to your organization.Request more info
About the program
- Evening schedule: Work during the day and attend classes in the evening, either full or part time.
- 200-hour internship: Regardless of your MSE specialization, get substantive hands-on experience with administrative responsibilities and boost your résumé in an educational setting.
- Current issues: Focus your study on urgent ideas on building relationships between your school and the community, and on facing issues that matter the most in today’s educational climate.
About the University of Dayton’s SEHS
Located in Dayton, Ohio, the University of Dayton’s SEHS provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to change the world, particularly in health and sport science, and in education. Following the Marianist tradition of educating the whole person, lessons connect integrity with innovation, leading learners to a career where their skills can be utilized for the greater good. Learners fulfill the school’s vision of advancing equity, social justice, and community worldwide through learning and health.
Technology and services powered by 2U, Inc., the parent company of edX.
The University of Dayton offers the following three programs: two MSE degrees, and one licensure preparation program. The programs, which can be completed on a full- or part-time basis, are:
- MSE in Educational Leadership: Learners hone their educational leadership skills with the intent to become principals or administrators in Ohio (or in another position that requires a license). This program path totals 30 credits and can be completed in as few as 24 months.
- MSE in Educational Leadership with Principal Licensure: This program is designed for administrators or aspiring principals with a master’s degree. Learners combine their MSE in Educational Leadership with the Principal Licensure Program, and complete 42 credits over as few as 30 months.
- Principal Licensure Program: This program is meant for learners who have already earned their master’s degree and a professional pupil personnel services license or a standard or a professional teaching license, but who now want to prepare for their principal license. The program counts 18 credits and can be completed in as few as 12 months.
The University of Dayton welcomes applications from candidates who are passionate scholar-practitioners and who are interested in using education to strengthen their communities. Applicants must already have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. The admissions committee is most interested in candidates who thrive in collaborative learning environments and are committed to the educational field. To complete an application for the MSE in Educational Leadership program, you will need to submit:
Résumé or CV
Letters of recommendation
Applicants interested in the optional principal licensure program must already have their master’s degree and submit:
Valid teaching license
Work verification form