- 30 Credit Hours
- Fully Online
- 1–4 years
The Master’s Degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering equips you with the depth and breadth of knowledge and relevant skills needed to succeed in today’s engineering world while offering you the prestige, affordability, flexibility you want in a Master’s degree. Gain a credential that commands attention with the Purdue University School of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
This fully-online Master’s program will enable you to gain deep knowledge in your chosen area of interest in as little as three semesters. You will build "breadth at the edges" of your chosen technical area by taking a number of 1 credit courses (each 5 weeks in duration) from a rich suite of options. This unique educational experience will make you a leading expert in your focus area and, at the same time, sharpen your ability to communicate with diverse groups.
Our world-class faculty members will help you develop innovative thinking approaches to address practical complex problems. Throughout your program, you will be supported by a dedicated faculty advisor(s) and a team of professionals to help you plan and support your envisioned career path.
This fully online program enables students to take a deep dive into electrical and computer engineering and choose from 7 broad tracks.
- Automatic Control
- Communications, Networking, Signal & Image Processing
- Computer Engineering
- Fields and Optics
- Microelectronics & Nanotechnology
- Power and Energy Systems
- VLSI and Circuit Design
Fellowships are now available to students who apply to the online master’s degree track in the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Purdue University! Every student who applies to the online program will be considered—there’s no additional application needed. The fellowships will cover, fully or partially, the tuition for this degree program. They will be awarded based on selection criteria that includes academic record, references, experiences, and other indicators of likelihood of success in completing the degree and achieving career goals.
- #3Best online graduate engineering programsU.S. News & World Report, 2020
- #2Best online electrical engineering graduate programsU.S. News & World Report, 2020
- #8Best engineering schoolsU.S. News & World Report, 2020
Financial Aid is available. All federal Financial aid benefits and restrictions apply to enrolled MSECE students.
Important dates & deadlines
Math Background: Three semesters of Calculus, Differential Equations, Linear Algebra.
Engineering Background: Preferred undergraduate background in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Applied Physics, Mathematics, or Applied Mathematics.
Applicants must have an undergraduate Bachelor's degree or the equivalent from an accredited institution and must submit:
- Transcripts from all universities attended
- A statement of purpose
- A professional resume
- Three recommendation letters
- TOEFL scores (International students only)
*GRE scores are not required.
If you aren't sure online learning is for you or if you'd like to get a feel for the Master's program before you apply, start with the Nanoscience and Technology MicroMasters Program from Purdue University
- Courses in the MicroMasters program may count towards credit
- Get deep learning designed to advance your career while you decide
- Strengthen your Master's application
- Recognized by employers for real life relevance
MicroMasters programs are offered by edX in connection with its university partners. In addition to offering a pathway to credit, these programs are recognized by employers for their real world relevance.Start MicroMasters Program
- No, both programs lead to the MSECE. The only difference is the online delivery method. This program is taught by the same faculty and the courses and assessments are the same.
- The GRE is not required for this online MSECE program.
- Yes, unless you have received a degree within the last 36 months from a school where English is the primary language of instruction in a country where English is the native language.
- Yes, financial aid is available. All federal financial aid benefits and requirements apply to enrolled MSECE students.
- This program does not include live seminars. All courses can be completed 100% online.
- You can transfer up to 6 graduate-level credits.