What you will learn
- Develop fully functional programs using industry-relevant tools.
- Translate business requirements into problems that can be solved computationally.
- Formulate questions to be solved through statistical analysis.
- Analyze data using statistical methods.
Business analytics is a fast-growing field that explores the methods of understanding data within an organization to improve decision-making. Expertise in analytics allows organizations to assess the data they have and the data they need to understand the health and future of the business. This program can help you build the foundational skills you need to succeed in business analytics - helping you gain knowledge in descriptive statistics, hypothesis tests, confidence intervals and linear regression.
This program provides the foundational skills necessary for a career in business and data analysis, including knowledge of scripting languages and data analysis to solve real-world problems. Learners will finish this program with the ability to automate tasks and apply statistical methods to solve problems with Python.
This program is designed for individuals interested in using data to support business decisions, regardless of prior experience. Whether you’ve worked with data in your current role or are interested in the expanding field of business analytics, this program will provide the foundational skills necessary for your success.
We recommend students complete their Business Analytics Foundations courses in the following sequence:
- IT-140x - Starting February 2021
- MAT-243x - Starting February 2021
However, those with previous background knowledge or experience are free to complete the courses in whichever order they like.
If you are enrolled in the verified track (paid track) in any course that is a part of a MicroBachelors program, including this course, you are eligible for coaching at no additional cost. Please note that coaching is only available via SMS to U.S. phone lines.
Our coaches (real humans) are ready to help you with career exploration, navigating resources, staying motivated, and solving problems along the way to your goals.
Learn more about the value of coaching directly from one of our coaches, Erin.
Courses in this program
SNHUx's Business Analytics Foundations MicroBachelors® Program
Program Certificate Requirement
In order to be eligible for the SNHUx MicroBachelor in Business Analytics Foundations program certificate, you must purchase, complete, and pass (with a 70% grade or higher) all courses in the MicroBachelor of Business Analytics Foundations program. Each SNHUx course you successfully purchase, complete, and pass with a score of 70% or higher will be eligible for three (3) transfer credits into a SNHU online academic program.
From Program Certificate to a Bachelor's Degree
Learners who successfully earn the MicroBachelors in Business Analytics Foundations program certificate are eligible to redeem their certificate for credit at Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU) upon acceptance through their standard admission process for online undergraduate programs.
SNHU's course equivalents are as follows:
- MicroBachelors: IT-140x Scripting with Python > IT-140 Introduction to Scripting (3 credits)
- MicroBachelors: MAT-243x Applied Statistics with Python > MAT-243 Applied Statistics for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) (3 credits)
In order to redeem MicroBachelors certificates for credits at SNHU, learners must:
- Apply and enroll at SNHU through our standard admissions process for online programs. Be sure to include the SNHUx course credential.
- There is no fee associated with redeeming credits upon acceptance.
Learners who successfully earn the MicroBachelors Business Analytics Foundations program certificate can choose to elect credit at no additional cost at either SNHU or Thomas Edison State University (TESU). Learners who wish to elect credit at TESU will be awarded 6 credits towards a general elective.
- This program can help learners build the foundational skills they need to succeed in business analytics.
- You'll be positioned for continued education, putting you on track to pursue roles as a business analyst, business intelligence analyst, data analyst, data technician or operations analyst.
Meet your instructors from Southern New Hampshire University (SNHUx)
Experts from SNHUx committed to teaching online learning