What you will learn
- Develop fully functional programs using industry-relevant tools.
- Translate business requirements into problems that can be solved computationally.
- Create a structured database through the use of relational concepts.
- Analyze the results of queries constructed to address data requirements.
Data management is a growing field that explores the many ways of using data within an organization to improve decision-making. Expertise in data management allows organizations to assess the data they have and the data they need to understand the health and future of a business. Individuals with experience in data management can better plan for the future by leveraging data organization, data management and automation tools.
This program can help learners build the foundational skills they need to succeed in data management using the Python programming language and SQL (structured query language). Through hands-on labs, learners will develop the skills necessary to create structured database environments using a relational database management system (RDBMS), such as MySQL, that incorporates basic processing functionality and allows for data management, data manipulation and data analysis.
This content is designed for individuals interested in using data to solve problems, regardless of prior experience. Whether you’ve worked with data in your current role or are interested in the ever-expanding field of data management, this program can help you build the skills you need to succeed.
Below you’ll find the recommended order for taking the courses in this program. Unless you have a background in these areas already and feel comfortable skipping ahead we recommend you start with the first course and work your way through the program.
- IT-140x - Starting February 2021
- DAD-220x - Starting February 2021
Courses in this program
SNHUx's Data Management with Python and SQL MicroBachelors® Program
- 8–10 hours per week, for 16 weeks
Discover Structured Query Language (SQL) programming basics in relation to database management and data manipulation. This course can provide you with an overview of topics like joins, database schemas, database design and importing data into a database.
Program Certificate Requirement
In order to be eligible for the SNHUx MicroBachelor in Data Management with Python and SQL certificate, you must purchase, complete, and pass (with a 70% grade or higher) all courses in the MicroBachelor of Data Management with Python and SQL program. Each SNHUx course you successfully purchase, complete, and pass with a score of 70% or higher will be eligible for three (3) transfer credits into a SNHU online academic program.
SNHU's course equivalents are as follows:
- IT-140x Scripting with Python > IT-140 Introduction to Scripting
- DAD-220x Structured Database Environments with SQL > DAD-220 Introduction to Structured Database Environments
In order to redeem MicroBachelors certificates for credits at SNHU, learners must:
- Apply and enroll at SNHU through our standard admissions process for online programs. Be sure to include the SNHUx course credential.
- There is no fee associated with redeeming credits upon acceptance.
- Stacking this MicroBachelors certificate into an associate or bachelor’s degree can lead to higher paying positions in areas such as business strategy, data mining, management consulting and optimization consulting.
- Many of these jobs are projected to grow faster than the national average, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Prospects for management analysts, for example, are predicted to climb 11% through 2029.*
Meet your instructors
Experts from SNHUx committed to teaching online learning