What you will learn
- Master the foundations of data management, including dataset identification, preparation, and lifecycle.
- Identify and analyze different types of data visualizations and when to use them effectively.
- Establish good practices for data entry, storage, and manipulation in spreadsheets.
- Practice common methods of data manipulation and summary such as sorting, filtering, writing simple equations, and using pivot tables.
Gain a strong foundation in data in two of the most commonly used programs R and Excel. In this professional certificate program, you have the opportunity to build and leverage your data skills for upward mobility at any stage in your career. You’ll learn the six steps of the data lifecycle, using different case studies and contexts. You will analyze, manage, and communicate data, working in R to achieve basic R programming competencies. You will gain a foundation on which you can build more advanced R skills in the future. You will then learn foundational Excel knowledge like spreadsheet and workbook anatomy, data entry, summary, and manipulation, plotting and visualization, and powerful tools such as filters, sorts, and pivot tables. This program will get you ready to do basic data manipulation, analysis, and visualizations and then be able to learn more advanced skills on your own, on the job, or in an advanced program.
Courses in this program
DavidsonX's Data Analysis Basics with Excel and R Professional Certificate
- 5–10 hours per week, for 4 weeks
Essentials of Data Literacy Course
Learn fundamental data skills with an online course that teaches you how to analyze, manage, and visualize data. Audit for free or obtain a certificate.
- 3–5 hours per week, for 4 weeks
No prior knowledge or experience with Excel? No problem!
Mastering a basic skills in Excel will open the door to new opportunities, jobs, and more advanced skills that can help you be more efficient in your work or advance your career in your current or a future position. Come join us and reduce barriers to working with Excel!
- Over 300k job openings in data analytics.
- 10% job growth over the next 3 years.
- Entry level jobs average salaries of $60k - $70k.