What you will learn
- Gain practical application of workplace conversation techniques through the lens of unscripted roundtable discussions with a diverse group of leaders.
- Learn key elements of a story including defining, ethos, examples, lists, anecdotes, hypotheticals, illustrations, humor and images.
- Acquire the tools necessary to rally the support of teammates, especially those who don’t report directly to you, for new initiatives or projects.
- Practice applicable basics of voice and physicality such as how to warm up prior to public speaking, practicing breath, vocal and physical variety at networking events.
- Be prepared for a variety of interactions with colleagues, clients, partners and leaders.
- Ways to use storytelling in day-to-day office environments via powerpoint presentations, team meetings and how to get stories out of others.
- With a deeper understanding of and confidence in yourself, you will be able to speak up more in meetings, share your unique ideas, and act with integrity in challenging situations.
The Professional Certificate in The Authentic Human in the Global Workplace answers the question of how do we rise above the noise to become impactful, memorable individuals in this age of global digital disruption.
Join industry leaders and experts who will equip you to more confidently harness your personality in both virtual and in-person workplace settings. By fusing techniques from acting, public speaking, and storytelling disciples, you will embrace how compassionate, authentic human exchanges, including ones established through remote mediums, can provide indispensable competitive advantages at any stage of your career journey.
Courses in this program
DavidsonX's The Authentic Human in the Global Workplace Professional Certificate
- 2–4 hours per week, for 4 weeks
In this interactive and dynamic course, you will learn how to establish and integrate the art of storytelling more powerfully into your career and everyday life.
- 3–5 hours per week, for 4 weeks
This course will help to channel the best version of yourself for the various settings you encounter in the workplace environment while ensuring that you are always being true to your authentic self.
- According to Salesforce, 86% of employees and executives cite the lack of effective collaboration and communication as the main causes for workplace failures.
- 77% of employers say that soft skills are just as important as hard skills.
- According to CMSWire, 97% of employees believe communication impacts their task efficiency on a daily basis.
Meet your instructor from Davidson College (DavidsonX)
Experts from DavidsonX committed to teaching online learning