What you will learn
- Master the concept and vision of the circular economy and understand how business can create value by applying its principles.
- Challenges and opportunities in resource resilience, waste collection methods and efficient collection of waste in households and at companies.
- Remanufacturing, refurbishment, re-use and recycling processes of products which contain critical raw materials (CRMs)
- Waste prevention through chain optimization and benefits of circular procurement to keep CRMs in the loop through smart waste management.
- How product design can support efficient recycling and remanufacturing and how to uncover new business models to reduce waste and to make your business more resource resilient.
To ensure the continuous supply of the increasingly scarce raw materials that are needed to make the products we use every day, we need a more sustainable approach to waste and resource management.
This two-course program in Sustainable Resource Management offers practical knowledge of the circular economy, recycling, refurbishment and remanufacturing as a means of identifying new solutions and business opportunities in this field.
In the first course, you will explore the basic concepts of the circular economy and their implementation from various perspectives: how businesses can create value by reusing and recycling products; how designers can come up with amazingly clever solutions; and how to apply systems thinking to the transition to the circular economy.
In the second course, we will look at the potential benefits of circular procurement and how recycling technologies and more efficient ways of collecting and recycling critical raw materials (CRMs) can make your business and production more resource resilient.
If you are looking for ways to upskill yourself and become a professional who not only creates great products but contributes to a sustainable management of natural resources – this is the program for you!
Courses in this program
DelftX's Sustainable Resource Management Professional Certificate
- 4–6 hours per week, for 6 weeks
Learn about waste management and its key role in saving critical raw materials. Gain practical knowledge of the circular economy, recycling, refurbishment, and remanufacturing as a means of identifying new business opportunities.
- More and more businesses are using circular-economy principles to create products that are durable, easy to reuse or recycle—and profitable (McKinsey, 2016).
- Job opportunities include various design roles with emphasis on sustainability, innovation management, product lifecycle assessment and sustainability consultants.
- Estimated annual salary of senior industrial designers amounts to $79,262 per year. (indeed.com)
- This program will be of value to a wide range of professionals: from those involved in producing products containing CRMs (such as electronics) to government officials tasked with organizing waste management and recycling for these products.
Meet your instructors from Delft University of Technology (DelftX)
Experts from DelftX committed to teaching online learning