What you will learn
- Course 1: Fundamentals of Data Analysis
- Course 2: Math and Statistics for Absolute Beginners
- Course 3: Data Visualization for Absolute Beginners
Data Analysis: Absolute Beginners is your starting point to learn the fundamentals of data analysis, statistics, and data visualization to help take your career to the next level.
Data Analysis: Absolute Beginners consists of three courses that give students a powerful data foundation. It is one of three programs that make up the Microsoft Professional Program in Data Analysis.
Our approach combines self-directed online learning with hands-on labs, using the latest tools so you can hit the ground running. By enrolling in a shorter program series, you can more quickly gain a standalone Professional Certificate and the valuable analytics skills that employers are looking for—all at a 10 percent discount.
Courses in this program
Microsoft's Data Analysis: Absolute Beginners Professional Certificate
- 2–3 hours per week, for 4 weeks
Practical Data Visualization techniques, tips, and tricks for the aspiring analyst and people who want to start from the beginning in any field needing this critical 21st-century skill.
- 2–4 hours per week, for 6 weeks
Become Data Literate, no prior experience required. This hands-on course gives you an overview of what a Data Analyst needs to know and deliver, and is meant to inspire you with all the possibilities that Data unlocks for the world.
- 85% of companies are predicted to adopt big data analytics by 2022. (World Economic Forum)
- In the United States alone, there is a shortage of 151,717 people with data science skills. (LinkedIn Workforce Report)
- 28% projected spike in demand for data scientists and advanced analysts by 2020. (Forbes)