What you will learn
- Accelerate your financial fluency and fool-proof your career in Investment Banking and Finance.
- Get introduced to the determinants of value, foundations of financial markets, and capital budgeting.
- Learn about risk management, credit principles, and business risk relating to a borrower.
- Gain a solid foundation in mergers & acquisitions to kick-start your career in finance.
- Learn how M&A deals are structured and understand the documents, legal structures, and tax considerations needed to execute a deal.
Taught by instructors with decades of experience on Wall Street, this introductory professional certificate will equip students from a wide range of backgrounds, including business, economics, engineering, sciences, and mathematics, with the knowledge and skillset needed to break into Investment Banking and Finance.
This program will improve your financial literacy so that you can speak with confidence when starting or advancing your career in investment banking and finance. In just a few weeks, you will learn the ins and outs of the financial industry and get introduced to 3 core areas of investment banking including M&A, Corporate Finance & Valuation Methods, and Credit Risk & Credit Analysis. Learn about key concepts and theories in M&A and how M&A deals are structured. Study the determinants of value, foundations of financial markets, and capital budgeting. Understand risk management, credit principles, and business risk as they relate to a borrower.
If your goal is a career in investment banking and finance, this introductory Professional Certificate program is for you!
Free Preview! Access Module 1 for free in Courses 1, 2, and 3. For full course access, upgrade to a verified certificate.
NOTE: Completing all 5 courses and then taking the Professional Certificate Examination is MANDATORY to achieve both the NYIF Certificate of Mastery and the edX Professional Certificate in Introduction to Investment Banking. A verified learner must pass all courses in the program to earn a Professional Certificate for Intro to Investment Banking.
Courses in this program
NYIF's Introduction to Investment Banking Professional Certificate
- Investment banking analyst jobs projected to grow 10% from 2021 to 2031, faster than 5% projected growth rate for all occupations. (Source: The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS))
- The average Investment Banking Analyst salary in the United States is $78,519 as of February 27, 2023, but the salary range typically falls between $66,820 and $94,049. (Source: salary.com)
- Career prospects for people with similar training include Investment Manager, Treasury Analyst, Investment Specialist, Strategic Planning Analyst, and Investment Portfolio Management. (Source: salary.com)
Meet your instructors from New York Institute of Finance (NYIF)
Experts from NYIF committed to teaching online learning